Logan Cup 2019/20 R3 Tuskers v Eagles & Rhinos v ACHPP

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Logan Cup 2019/20 R3 Tuskers v Eagles & Rhinos v ACHPP

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

If Taylor had played the season's matches so far, Rangers would have probably won both their matches and would be on top of the table. Not to be. What is the point of ACHPP to avail his services if he is not going to turn up at all?

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Dont see the lineup really changing because the season has just started. I do however have a feeling Mudzinganyama is a better limited overs player and will probably be opening with Kamunhukamwe by the end of the year. We got a lot of international cricket this year so they will get a chance.

I have a feeling they will go for a team like this against Sri Lanka.

Masvaure
Moor
Ervine
Taylor
Williams
Raza
Chakabva
Burl
Jarvis
Mumba
Chatara

Chisoro is probably the tough miss here.
Last edited by TapsC on Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

The rangers will definitely compete with BT and Jarvis but most of their team is struggling. Maybe 3 or 4 guys are good enough which is what every academy group is usually like anyway. No surprise there. It would be good if Brent took in Shumba and Myers after the u19 world cup. They need more batsmen. Apparently 1 of their pace bowlers has a bit of gas . In fact seeing how they done so far Brent should be the national coach

Googly

Post by Googly »

Agree with your team selection.
Myers is still at school so he’s unlikely to be available for FC cricket. Shumba should get a gig with one of the other teams. I don’t see much merit in a player doing 3 u19 WC’s, what’s the point? If you can’t crack our lowly franchise system after two of them then there’s something wrong with the player or the system.
He’s good enough for our franchise though.

Yes it’s a shame that Brent doesn’t have a bit more to work with. That will always be the problem here though, just not enough good young players to choose from to make a strong side. Also it’s a bit unfair on two of them if BT and Jarvis play because then they sit out after months of hard work.
If ever they get a really good group together Brent will engineer a clean sweep and ZC will boot them out, so they would have to throw a couple of games :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

I hear Durham are also coming out here. Please let’s not see them playing Derbyshire!
If they have a fair time of it there may well be a spin-off for the Campbell Academy in that they may send some of their academy boys next season, which is clearly part of the plan. Makoni is claiming relationships with ECB are now thawing and trying to get credit for it when in fact it’s only Houghton’s relationship with Campbell and Brent that’s getting this moving.
It may end up being a bit of a dilemma for Campbell because if too many Pom recruits enroll ZC may not give them game time in FC, which is the main drawcard. Somebody with a chip on his shoulder will complain about local young superstars (this is a much loved term) being overlooked in favor of the invading imperialists and a plot by the pink Rhodesians to take over the cricket or some shit like that. We’ll never win here with these muppets. Only death from old age will collapse this poorly run family business of theirs.

Googly

Post by Googly »

With the good facilities the Academy now has at their disposal there’s bound to be complaints about that as well. At the end of the day they’re currently really a fifth very well run franchise and not an academy as such, that will show up the other franchises. It’s a dilemma for ZC as well, because they’re partly paying for it and clearly have a say on who is selected. Do they allow some promising players that are waiting in the wings to join? If they do, Brent will beat the other teams because that’s what he did at Mountaineers and it cost him his job. If they pay for mediocre players to join they’re defeating the purpose, but I think they’d rather see that than a new team dominating. It sounds a bit convoluted but it’s how they roll.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

I agree with your side TapsC but I doubt Burl gets picked as the spinner especially considering he’s not even going to get a game in before the test series.

Chisoro is doing very well with bat & ball so he’d be my pick as spinner, Mavuta has taken a bag-full of wickets so far this season but he’s going for over 4 an over. Ndlovu has picked up 9 wickets so far in two games whilst Mufudza has also done well, but I’m sticking with Chisoro.

Still think there is a chance they play four seamers with Tiripano as the 4th seamer No.8 batsman, Don might even beat Mumba out for the third seamer spot, Rajput seems to like him.

It’s good to see the top of the run getters list headed up by openers, Prince, Kamunhukamwe, Kasuza, Manuze & Mudzinganyama all doing really well.

For the relevance of the Logan Cup they really need to pick Prince over Chari, surely the runs from Prince this season have more weight than Chari’smlast Test 14 months ago?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Selections for the national team is really rather tricky. There is so little cricket played that we are left debating whether a test half-century from 2017 outweighs a century in the Logan Cup yesterday.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

eugene wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:06 pm
Selections for the national team is really rather tricky. There is so little cricket played that we are left debating whether a test half-century from 2017 outweighs a century in the Logan Cup yesterday.
Perfect example is PJ & Chari neither have runs on the board atm but they both did well in Bangladesh in late 2018.

The key difference for me is that PJ has an average in the mid 30s whilst Chari averages about 18, I’d be willing to take Moor into the Test even if he’s a bit short of runs, but not Chari unless he gets some big scores.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:03 pm
I agree with your side TapsC but I doubt Burl gets picked as the spinner especially considering he’s not even going to get a game in before the test series.

Chisoro is doing very well with bat & ball so he’d be my pick as spinner, Mavuta has taken a bag-full of wickets so far this season but he’s going for over 4 an over. Ndlovu has picked up 9 wickets so far in two games whilst Mufudza has also done well, but I’m sticking with Chisoro.

Still think there is a chance they play four seamers with Tiripano as the 4th seamer No.8 batsman, Don might even beat Mumba out for the third seamer spot, Rajput seems to like him.

It’s good to see the top of the run getters list headed up by openers, Prince, Kamunhukamwe, Kasuza, Manuze & Mudzinganyama all doing really well.

For the relevance of the Logan Cup they really need to pick Prince over Chari, surely the runs from Prince this season have more weight than Chari’smlast Test 14 months ago?

My question would be how much more will Chisoro offer than Williams? The type of pitch we play on is very important as well.