Zimbabwe Official Cricket Schedule Out till October 2020

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Zimbabwe Official Cricket Schedule Out till October 2020

Post by Googly »

Hasnain never walked outside of his air conditioned office and then basically spent most of his time in Dubai. Bought and paid for. Useless kretin.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:46 pm
You need 2 umpires, 10 security guards, 10 groundsmen, a few cameras, some local commentators and a guy selling some ice creams.
Hotel for 20 guys for a month.
A section of the business community would also help if they knew their money would be spent judiciously.
You’d surely defray some expenses selling TV to the Sri Lankans?

I can’t find any useful info on costs on google.
The closest I got was that it costs $25k to host an ODI in the UAE.
No way it costs just 25K to host an ODI in the UAE. Will have to be at least 100 grand. 25K might just be the rent on a stadium for 8 hours. Then you have security fees. 5 days of a Test match * 7 hours per day * 20 security guards * 10$/hr wage = $7000 right there. And for a large 20K seat stadium, you will probably need more than 20 security guards. And 10 bucks an hour in Dubai is not even a liveable wage.

Then you have medical insurance premiums to cover injury ilness to all players and support staff present. Plus production equipment.

Hosting a Test will be expensive. May not cost 1 million USD, but will cost few hundred thousand at least. If it didn't, Ireland and NZ wouldn't be cancelling and curtailing the number of Tests they play.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:59 pm
Hasnian or what ever he was called spoke on cricinfo about the costs of hosting a test match. It was in the million bracket I am sure of it. I’d have a look myself but I’m away and have poor WiFi at the moment
Yes, he said that during the Windies tour here in 2017. Ireland Cricket CEO said something similar very recently when they cancelled hosting Bangladesh for a Test.

It’s definitely at least a million dollars. Tv broadcast production would take up a big chunk of that.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’m pretty sure he said that because he was initially told that by our guys. When he worked out by the second test under his watch that he’d been duped he was part of the problem.
I’m fairly sure the world over whichever stadium gets a test that it’s payday for the people in the loop, but there’s no way it costs a million bucks.

This was where I got the UAE info-
https://www.thenational.ae/sport/cricke ... s-1.714497

I’ll keep half heartedly looking. Here in Zim at has to be cheaper than anywhere else. There’s no stadium hire and wages are around $1 a day.

Googly

Post by Googly »

If a board is not going to make money broadcasting a game then there’s no point, surely then you put up those live feed static cameras and provide a link. With modern technology that cannot cost more than a few thousand bucks for a proper quality set up that you actually get to keep, it’s a one off expense. There’s no need for these 100 ft liquid nitrogen cooled broadcasting trucks with kilometers of cables.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I see that ICC actually charge to send an anti-doping and anti-corruption team as well.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

If it was so cheap then Ireland would be hosting plenty. I think TV production including the review system is expensive.

As for Scotland it would be interesting to know what their actual running costs look like. They are low when you are an associate nation but once you have to run a completely professional setup its not as easy. I also do not like people picking Zimbabwe as a specific target. Over 10 games home and away they would not beat us. Just because you can win a couple of games does not make you better. Sri Lanka gets 35 million more than us, the ICC even said they are more corrupt than us but when we beat them in Sri Lanka did we want their money? Primitive thinking.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Googly wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:58 am
If a board is not going to make money broadcasting a game then there’s no point, surely then you put up those live feed static cameras and provide a link. With modern technology that cannot cost more than a few thousand bucks for a proper quality set up that you actually get to keep, it’s a one off expense. There’s no need for these 100 ft liquid nitrogen cooled broadcasting trucks with kilometers of cables.
I think test matches have to be broadcast. 1 ZC associate once told me it costs 250k to host a t20. That caught me by surprise as that sounds like way too much.

Googly

Post by Googly »

They’re lying to you. It cannot cost that much.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Some of the modern test requirements need to be relaxed. DRS is expensive and we don't need it for Ireland vs Zimbabwe or the Afghans.