Match 2 : Quadrangular U19 Series 2020 : ZIM VS IND , Durban

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Match 2 : Quadrangular U19 Series 2020 : ZIM VS IND , Durban

Post by Googly »

Jeez I’m killing these guys. Sorry Dion. Great innings though. Captain’s knock.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya I’m sure they’d consider returning. Every youngster wants to go there, most of them unrealistically. They play a lot of good cricket. If you don’t get into the system at school level you’ve got more chance of winning the lotto though
I keep talking up Dane and he’s not delivering but he’s a damned good player. Kept well today.
They’ll reinvent him in UK and he’ll become a really good batsman.
Madhevere is a product of the SA system. For Myers to play like he is within our system shows how talented he is.

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

Thanks as ever for your insights. It really brings the forum to life for me. It is really appreciated.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

so essentially all the best players (except Myers) are leaving..brilliant

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

I interpreted it as Shumba staying.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya Shumba will definitely stay. Interestingly he sneaked off and played club cricket the whole season instead of practicing with the U19’s. He’s a decent player for sure and has talent and maybe can be taught to tighten up his batting.

Googly

Post by Googly »

ZIMFAN wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:36 pm
Thanks as ever for your insights. It really brings the forum to life for me. It is really appreciated.
Pleasure.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Personally I don't mind them going off for a few years and developing their skills in a better system. Madhevere is an example of a guy who went away for a couple of years and came back solid. None of them are ready yet maybe besides Myers to make the big step so I don't see any harm in them developing their skills elsewhere because we just don't play enough cricket at home.

If you can score 80 odd against the best youngsters in the world without proper training and match practice then you are a real talent.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well we should have gotten a bit closer than that.
Whilst our bowling was not too bad they didn’t land too many in the right areas. It was a batting deck though.
The Indian team will be getting shat on from a dizzy height but we were a bit better than they anticipated.
Oldknow bogged that innings, not that we were going to win, but we should have at least gotten to 240/250. If your technique is not up to scratch you won’t last against a good side. End of.
I don’t think Bawa batted?
He’s key to any success we may have and I just don’t understand this thinking. I guess the selector was earning his pay today. You know it was a chunk if a future black star has to sit out, everything has a price :lol:
Hopefully one game against India and a dead rubber game will be all we see of the guy and they can let Bawa develop his game.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Again that’s ZC thinking, Taps. They’ve given up on our age group cricket. Now the plan is to hope they go elsewhere, do really well and come back the finished article because they’ve got a passport issue. :lol:
That’s what I call crisis management.