2020 ZIM fixtures

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
_rchin
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: 2020 ZIM fixtures

Post by _rchin »

Any murmurs at all about whether the proposed visit by Sri Lanka is happening next month? Also the subsequent series’ with Bangladesh and Ireland pencilled in on the FTP?

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

BCB have confirmed that Zimbabwe will be touring Bangladesh in February instead of March.

BCB reschedules Zimbabwe series to February

http://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/11 ... o-february

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Not schedule or solid talk of extending the tour though
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:56 am
I think that will come in time. A one-off Test is kinda dumb and the BCB will be fully aware that they could find themselves down 0-1 and need a flat pitch in the 2nd game to square the series :cry: :evil:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:24 pm
jaybro wrote:
I think that will come in time. A one-off Test is kinda dumb and the BCB will be fully aware that they could find themselves down 0-1 and need a flat pitch in the 2nd game to square the series :cry: :evil:
Do you think match practice prior to the Australia series will encourage them to play an extra test? Honestly I’d be happy to drop all limited overs games for an extra test or two

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:04 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:24 pm
jaybro wrote:
Do you think match practice prior to the Australia series will encourage them to play an extra test? Honestly I’d be happy to drop all limited overs games for an extra test or two
Agreed. Those ODIs are meaningless anyway because of the league. Might as well make it a 3 test match series.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:

Do you mean Australia's tour of Bangladesh? That has been moved to June-July, not February.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:31 pm
jaybro wrote:

Do you mean Australia's tour of Bangladesh? That has been moved to June-July, not February.
Yes that series

Even with the gap between fixtures I'm sure an extra Test (or even two) would be greatly beneficial to Bangladesh

The more you play the better you get and they will have a few players they would like to see play some tests and see how they go, after the India series Bangladesh were left with more questions than answers

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I agree with the Jaybro.
Bangladesh sound like they're just about starting to develop some exciting players for the next decade. The more exposure the better, and what better exposure than playing against the worlds best bowling line up (lets face it, they are bossing test cricket right now, the Ausies).

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Looks like they aren't adding a Test after all. Highly disappointing. 2 Tests should have been played given the historic rivalry and Bangladesh's recent struggles.

1 Test
3 ODIs
2 T20Is

Is being reported in several different sites. I wonder why they cancelled a 2nd Test.