Match 4 : Quadrangular U19 Series 2020 : ZIM VS NZ, Durban

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Match 4 : Quadrangular U19 Series 2020 : ZIM VS NZ, Durban

Post by Googly »

There’s only a long batting line up coz of some good all rounders and we’re short on a couple of quicks. Maybe I’m being unkind, we need to see on the speed gun and have a look at the other teams to compare. You can bank on a 27 year old Pakistani or Afghan bowling 150 rockets.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I can’t wait for that England game.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

I’ve just realised. Why do we still have two logos? The original bird is used on the national sides ODI, T20 and Test shirts, but any A games or Under 19 fixtures have that horrible ‘four box’ type logo. Annoys me

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Was watching the India SA highlights and I must say I am happy Gerald Coetzee did not play against us. Looks like a top top bowler in the making. Had he bowled a full 10 overs S.A. might have won, had India 13-3 all by himself at 1 point. Our guys would not have survived that. He is going to be a real handful if he fully recovers. At junior levels 1 devastating bowler can take you all the way to the finals. In fact the Indians showed their weakness, bouncers...

My question will always be when will we ever produce a devastating fast bowler? I don't know what is required but we seem far off the mark. Chatara could have been that guy if he hadn't broken his leg playing football I guess. He used to hit 145kph before that. Have we ever had a teenager crack the 145 mark? Matigimu was quick but not that quick. Our best bet is probably to convert a junior rugby lock into a fast bowler.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

How have Schadendorf and Oldknow looked? HHM/KFC Outkast messaged me on twitter to express his opinion that they were both crap and should be nowhere near the side.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

eugene wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:05 am
How have Schadendorf and Oldknow looked? HHM/KFC Outkast messaged me on twitter to express his opinion that they were both crap and should be nowhere near the side.
I’m sure he did.

Oldknow looks way out of his depth, while Scahdendorf has looked tidy with the gloves....although he does so with short sleeves.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

The quickest bowler we have produced is a 20/21 year old Kyle Jarvis, and he too was a rugby boy in his youth.
Maybe not a bad idea 💡

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:57 pm
Also, there’s a lad called James in the squad, anybody know much about him?
Brandon James son of Wayne James former Zimbabwe Test Keeper, Tuskers' coach & Zim batting coach

He's a pace bowler
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

jaybro wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:20 am
sloandog wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:57 pm
Also, there’s a lad called James in the squad, anybody know much about him?
Brandon James son of Wayne James former Zimbabwe Test Keeper, Tuskers' coach & Zim batting coach

He's a pace bowler
Any good? I heard he’s only 16?

Googly

Post by Googly »

That Gerald Coetzee guy is a serious batsman as well.
He played in the St Johns T20 same time as Muyeye and there was not much in it. The best SA boys are overseas or just playing school cricket not even having made a provincial side, not even having been invited for a trial.
Their racist age group policies are something to behold- a wet dream for the likes of Hhm and our ZC boys here.
The world boycotted apartheid and it should be doing the same again. They’re only short of tear gas and rubber bullets to disperse a gathering of more than 5 white boys.