Match 4 : Quadrangular U19 Series 2020 : ZIM VS NZ, Durban

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Match 4 : Quadrangular U19 Series 2020 : ZIM VS NZ, Durban

Post by Googly »

There was a leftie from St Johns Joburgh a few years back that was about as good as I’ve ever seen. I spoke to his dad and his son had never so much as been invited to a trial game since he was 10 years old. They practiced 5 days a week for many years and the lad averaged around 100 every year, he was an astonishing talent. I dunno what’s happened to him. Now there’s a victim.

Googly

Post by Googly »

sloandog wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:47 am
jaybro wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:20 am
sloandog wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:57 pm
Also, there’s a lad called James in the squad, anybody know much about him?
Brandon James son of Wayne James former Zimbabwe Test Keeper, Tuskers' coach & Zim batting coach

He's a pace bowler
Any good? I heard he’s only 16?
You don’t read my stuff, Sloan.
We’re all wondering why he hasn’t had a game. He’s the mystery man. He’s either injured or they don’t think he’s good enough, which means there’s only one reason why he’s there. I’m surprised the Makoni lad is not opening the batting and bowling, age is but a number. :lol:

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Googly wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:32 am
That Gerald Coetzee guy is a serious batsman as well.
He played in the St Johns T20 same time as Muyeye and there was not much in it. The best SA boys are overseas or just playing school cricket not even having made a provincial side, not even having been invited for a trial.
Their racist age group policies are something to behold- a wet dream for the likes of Hhm and our ZC boys here.
The world boycotted apartheid and it should be doing the same again. They’re only short of tear gas and rubber bullets to disperse a gathering of more than 5 white boys.
Muyeye was a non travelling reserve last time at 15. Mangongo clearly had his eye on him. I wonder why Utseya didn't give him a chance. You have really hyped him up and I actually looked him up and I see he is in good hands at the Sussex academy. Must be a real talent.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/ ... aching-app

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’ll guarantee he was contacted. They scour the world for u19’s because our system here produces so few. Which means he would have turned them down. That’s the confusing part- he’s got no plan in the UK because of his eligibility. If you see him in County Two’s this season then you know someone really influential has pulled some big strings for him because the regs don’t permit him to play.
I’m assuming he’s still at school, which means they write exams in June so that may be a reason. I’ll be interested to see the ages of the English boys- if there’s anyone there 16-18 it means they’re taking two months out just before they do exams as well.

Googly

Post by Googly »

We’ve all watched Madhevere and Myers play and we are all suitably impressed, but if you look at Muyeye’s record he’s probably scored 5 times the number of hundreds, including double hundreds, in a much stronger system. He’s shattered Sussex school records that go back a hundred years or so. Zimbabwe has never seen a more talented schoolboy in 80 years. Hick was damned amazing at school, but it was a different era where cricket was played more conservatively. This new generation is a different kettle of fish. Look, you can’t tell how he’ll feature on a big stage because a lot of that is between his ears, but he’s got a better chance than anyone I’ve seen.
Believe me that there are people in UK trying to figure out a pathway for this unbelievably talented young man, yet our muppets don’t care. Our first chance to have a Rohit Sharma, a Gill, a Privthi Shaw, and there’s zero interest. They’re duller than door knobs and have no real interest in cricket and they think they’re doing the bare minimum to stay alive so there’s a bit of pocket money for themselves, but within a couple of years we’ll see that they’ve fallen way short. They get nearly $10m a year and they’ve got no money? They can’t find a single sponsor that will come onboard, they have never been able to conduct one season of FC comprising a handful of games that our top players don’t even want to be a part of coz it’s so poor, without a hiccup.
Please just look at the staggeringly good batsmen they’ve let slip through their fingers it the last few years- Muyeye, Byrom, Welch, Curtis, Curran, Lake, it’s an entire batting line up ffs! Man I’d love to add Murray, King, Evans, Matigimu and find a spinner to make up a team and play one of our sides here just to show people what may have been. It would be like clubbing baby fur seals and the oldest guy here is about 22 :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

When Derbyshire and Durham get here (if they’re still coming now that we’ve supposedly run out of cash :lol:)
I’m hoping they can find a couple of hundred litres of diesel so they can mow the bush so we can play a few games. Maybe Durham and Derbyshire will just play each other at St George’s?

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Googly wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:52 am
We’ve all watched Madhevere and Myers play and we are all suitably impressed, but if you look at Muyeye’s record he’s probably scored 5 times the number of hundreds, including double hundreds, in a much stronger system. He’s shattered Sussex school records that go back a hundred years or so. Zimbabwe has never seen a more talented schoolboy in 80 years. Hick was damned amazing at school, but it was a different era where cricket was played more conservatively. This new generation is a different kettle of fish. Look, you can’t tell how he’ll feature on a big stage because a lot of that is between his ears, but he’s got a better chance than anyone I’ve seen.
Believe me that there are people in UK trying to figure out a pathway for this unbelievably talented young man, yet our muppets don’t care. Our first chance to have a Rohit Sharma, a Gill, a Privthi Shaw, and there’s zero interest. They’re duller than door knobs and have no real interest in cricket and they think they’re doing the bare minimum to stay alive so there’s a bit of pocket money for themselves, but within a couple of years we’ll see that they’ve fallen way short. They get nearly $10m a year and they’ve got no money? They can’t find a single sponsor that will come onboard, they have never been able to conduct one season of FC comprising a handful of games that our top players don’t even want to be a part of coz it’s so poor, without a hiccup.
Please just look at the staggeringly good batsmen they’ve let slip through their fingers it the last few years- Muyeye, Byrom, Welch, Curtis, Curran, Lake, it’s an entire batting line up ffs! Man I’d love to add Murray, King, Evans, Matigimu and find a spinner to make up a team and play one of our sides here just to show people what may have been. It would be like clubbing baby fur seals and the oldest guy here is about 22 :lol:
For multiple reasons none of this Muyeye situation makes sense.
Last edited by ZIMDOGGY on Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Googly wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:05 am
I’ll guarantee he was contacted. They scour the world for u19’s because our system here produces so few. Which means he would have turned them down. That’s the confusing part- he’s got no plan in the UK because of his eligibility. If you see him in County Two’s this season then you know someone really influential has pulled some big strings for him because the regs don’t permit him to play.
I’m assuming he’s still at school, which means they write exams in June so that may be a reason. I’ll be interested to see the ages of the English boys- if there’s anyone there 16-18 it means they’re taking two months out just before they do exams as well.
I teach in the UK these days. Can't see it being a massive issue taking the English boys out of school for a month of so. Particularly as all the players will be in private schools, they will have one to one tutoring and more than enough time to catch up.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Googly wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:11 am
When Derbyshire and Durham get here (if they’re still coming now that we’ve supposedly run out of cash :lol:)
I’m hoping they can find a couple of hundred litres of diesel so they can mow the bush so we can play a few games. Maybe Durham and Derbyshire will just play each other at St George’s?
Sounds like Streak is going to host them on his farm so ZC may not have to absorb many costs. Sure that the county sides are contributing to the cost of the tour anyway.

Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Conant »

zimlover wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:03 pm
Looks like the white kids are pretty shit or crappy this time around
The black kids have been more exceptional and exciting with bat and ball
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This comment made me laugh :lol: :lol: :lol: