ICC Under 19 World Cup 2020 : Warm Up Match 2 : ZIM V/S IND , Johannesburg

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Donald

Re: ICC Under 19 World Cup 2020 : Warm Up Match 2 : ZIM V/S IND , Johannesburg

Post by Donald »

Fine performances from shumba oldknow and dane. Hats off to them. Couple of passengers in the side. We need Myers back next match in place of Ahmed

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’ve seen a few scorecards of these u19’s, the big problem they have is nobody ever goes on to make a big score.
It’s unusual to see 3x50 without one guy getting 100.
They need to work on that as well. Against a big side one guy needs 100 if you’re to win.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I think they should swap Madhevere with Dane. We don't have a solid power hitter down there. Luke also looks like he needs a bit of time.

Bawa
Dane
Shumba
Myers
Luke
Madhevere
Marumani
Tugwete

They just replaced James with a kid on a cricket scholarship in the UK too. All rounder who bowls some medium pacers. Maybe he can come in at 9 because Raza and Chesa just ain't doing it for me.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Well there seems to be more talent in this squad than what we've had for a while.

I must say though, the 206 squad was pretty impressive. Ives, Shnyder, Keefe, Ngarava, Mashinge, Murray...all names who did well in beating South Africa and running West Indies close.

Hopefully there's an opportunity for some of these lads to join the Rangers and put their hand up. Still holding out hope that Welch or perhaps Brad Evans make an comeback at some point.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:13 pm
Well there seems to be more talent in this squad than what we've had for a while.

I must say though, the 206 squad was pretty impressive. Ives, Shnyder, Keefe, Ngarava, Mashinge, Murray...all names who did well in beating South Africa and running West Indies close.

Hopefully there's an opportunity for some of these lads to join the Rangers and put their hand up. Still holding out hope that Welch or perhaps Brad Evans make an comeback at some point.
Does joining the Rangers involve them paying Brent and Campbell for coaching ?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Googly wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:20 pm
I’m still unconvinced with Oldknow, for sure they’ve got two guys that are struggling, and it’s going to cost us, I fear.
These guys have done enough already in the warm up games to cover the coaching staff with plaudits, we set the bar very low here.
We’ve got Pakistan, Bangladesh and Scotland. On current form we are probably ahead of Scotland so we have to beat one of the others. Pakistan are clearly very strong, and we don’t know much about Bangladesh, but they’re the team we have to beat.
Bangladesh are the Asia Cup runners up, not Pakistan. Lost to India by 5 runs in the final. BD *should* be the odds on faves to top the group.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:40 pm
I think they should swap Madhevere with Dane. We don't have a solid power hitter down there. Luke also looks like he needs a bit of time.

Bawa
Dane
Shumba
Myers
Luke
Madhevere
Marumani
Tugwete

They just replaced James with a kid on a cricket scholarship in the UK too. All rounder who bowls some medium pacers. Maybe he can come in at 9 because Raza and Chesa just ain't doing it for me.
Wes is deadly up top mate I wouldn't be moving him away
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Donald

Post by Donald »

My line up and correct batting order

Madhevere
Shumba
Bawa
Tugete
Myers
Dane
Oldknow
Marumani
Grant
Nungu
Chinaman

Googly

Post by Googly »

Not bad. I’d have Tugwete behind Schardendorf.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:08 am
Googly wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:20 pm
I’m still unconvinced with Oldknow, for sure they’ve got two guys that are struggling, and it’s going to cost us, I fear.
These guys have done enough already in the warm up games to cover the coaching staff with plaudits, we set the bar very low here.
We’ve got Pakistan, Bangladesh and Scotland. On current form we are probably ahead of Scotland so we have to beat one of the others. Pakistan are clearly very strong, and we don’t know much about Bangladesh, but they’re the team we have to beat.
Bangladesh are the Asia Cup runners up, not Pakistan. Lost to India by 5 runs in the final. BD *should* be the odds on faves to top the group.
Why didn't you tell us NZ bowled your guys out for 112? :D can't wait for the game. Anything is possible. Can't expect consistency from 11 teenagers.