Logan Cup

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Logan Cup

Post by jaybro »

Surely being a full member requires you to host test matches at some point, it’s been 27 months since Zimbabwe hosted a test match !!! Nearly 40 since there’s been one at HSC
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

I am teacher and we do philosophy for kids. One of the questions I ask, "is a library without books still a library?" Is a test playing nation without tests still a test playing nation. They have to do this.

What I want to know is why has the money been cut? And are the ICC still the people who we are repaying? They took over the debt, didn't they?

Googly

Post by Googly »

No a branch of the government supposedly took over the debt and restructured it.
This same organization took on hundreds of millions of refinancing of loans that should never have been issued to politically connected people. It was basically a means of politicians walking away debt free from huge loans, so a smart FD at ZC should in theory be able to do the same, but I can bet that ZC is the only organization “honouring” it’s debt. :lol:
This is all smoke and mirrors, man.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

The ICC are paying off the debt with the funds ZC should be getting from their grant, that's why they keep using the term 'drip feeding' when talking about money from the ICC.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Which debt are you talking about? There’s the money owed to Metbank and there’s probably a further loan from the ICC

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:50 am
Which debt are you talking about? There’s the money owed to Metbank and there’s probably a further loan from the ICC
Metbank

Googly

Post by Googly »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theind ... funds/amp/

Here’s a reminder of the situation. Bear in mind there has never been an accurate report of a story in Zimbabwe of any description, but this explanation is probably the closest we’ll get.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Drip feeding and funding cut are two very different things.
Cut in funding seems to be a new development if true, but surely that affects all ICC members?

Googly

Post by Googly »

John Ward will know if there’s been an overall cut, but he didn’t answer the query.
I’m curious what’s happened to Bvute since his fall from grace, was it catch and release? Is he still a life President of ZC? Is his watchdog cousin, Esther Lupe, still watching the purse strings?

jward

Post by jward »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:28 am
John Ward will know if there’s been an overall cut, but he didn’t answer the query.
I’m curious what’s happened to Bvute since his fall from grace, was it catch and release? Is he still a life President of ZC? Is his watchdog cousin, Esther Lupe, still watching the purse strings?
I didn't see the query, but yes, there has been a big cut in funding from the ICC, yet another bad decision on their part that is causing suffering to all of us who are really working for the game and get our salaries halved, or not paid at all. I was told from $9m down to $5m, but not sure what period that covers. I am told it will be reviewed next June. Bvute still apparently has some influence in ZC and if he was appointed life president I am sure he still is, but Esther has left ZC.