15 Man Test Squad Announced

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMFAN

Re: 15 Man Test Squad Announced

Post by ZIMFAN »

And they never did approve you a moderator either, Dogg. Just think of the shits and giggles we could have if Zolsky was here. Though with the whole 10 post thing, how does hhm keep reappearing in his various guises? About as welcome as gout.

I don't mean to be morbid but I worry about Maehara, I mean is he even around still? And I don't just mean around here...

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

TapsC wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:47 am
Sri Lanka also have their own selection issues with Kusal Perera. It's not a uniquely Zimbabwean problem. Some Indian fans feel the same for Sanju Samson. There will always be debates. We just don't have enough quality to make mistakes
Someone on reddit posted about this player
http://espncricinfo.com/srilanka/conten ... 28655.html

How does he not get a game for SL already? ZC does not have anyone close to those stats playing in the Logan Cup

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:16 pm
TapsC wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:30 pm
How was Burl doing in the BPL? Only saw that fantastic catch. Never saw the stats
From memory one decent score and three failures.

Basically the same consistent batting pattern every Zimbabwean batsman in the history of cricket (that isn’t named after fauna) has followed.
:lol:

I assume you mean flora, though. Our roosters and rhinos haven't been anything to write home about.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Mr Twig wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:39 am
TapsC wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:47 am
Sri Lanka also have their own selection issues with Kusal Perera. It's not a uniquely Zimbabwean problem. Some Indian fans feel the same for Sanju Samson. There will always be debates. We just don't have enough quality to make mistakes
Someone on reddit posted about this player
http://espncricinfo.com/srilanka/conten ... 28655.html

How does he not get a game for SL already? ZC does not have anyone close to those stats playing in the Logan Cup
To think Mudzinganyama got a call up after 3 games :lol: well the ICC did say SL is more corrupt than us. To be honest the whole organization is corrupt. We need the USA to take cricket seriously so that they can unleash the FBI on them like they did to FIFA.

Interesting enough SL did send a full stregnth team. they are not taking chances. I don't think there is that much between us anymore. Let's see what happens

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

One can't argue with Kasuza's call-up, others have done less than him over the last few years. Good luck to him, although he seems to collect a lot of ducks or single digit scores for the Mountaineers in FC in between his scores. Let's hope he doesn't do an Attapatu.

Donald

Post by Donald »

What do we know about Charlton Tshuma??

Is he express pace/swing bowler or What????

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

foreignfield wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:42 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
TapsC wrote:
How was Burl doing in the BPL? Only saw that fantastic catch. Never saw the stats

Basically the same consistent batting pattern every Zimbabwean batsman in the history of cricket (that isn’t named after fauna) has followed.

I assume you mean flora, though. Our roosters and rhinos haven't been anything to write home about.
Lol yeah I did. Too much alcohol on the brain.

What’s funnier is the the thought of someone somewhere reading my post and thinking ‘Greg Lamb is our only consistent batsman of all time?’
Attachments
36CB8DAD-C7D0-4364-B29A-3483FF257991.jpeg
36CB8DAD-C7D0-4364-B29A-3483FF257991.jpeg (45.96 KiB) Viewed 1512 times
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

foreignfield wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:42 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
TapsC wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

Lamb was better than Jongwe and Nyathi (buffalo, no rhino), for sure.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Something wrong with a system that picks a 26 year old guy who’s only played 6 games? I’m not saying he’s not good, I’ve never seen him, but where’s he been playing his cricket?