Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Post by jaybro »

Williams can’t find any timing at all, looks pretty rusty out there.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a slower outfield !!! At least that will help when the boys bowl
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Re: Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Post by jaybro »

Williams now starting to look better
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimlover »

Williams and Taylor are making Kasuza and Prince to look like Bradman

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

247-5

That overly slow run rate is going to start becoming a problem now unless 6 sessions get rained off. You have to remember that the likes of Dickwella could power a chase of 150 off the final session of the match if it came down to it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

SpitfiresKent

Post by SpitfiresKent »

And just like that we're 5 down with two new batters at the crease :?

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Another wicket here and it means all that stalling on day one has only slowed the game down by a couple of overs
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:57 am
Another wicket here and it means all that stalling on day one has only slowed the game down by a couple of overs
This comment actually makes no sense at all.

SpitfiresKent

Post by SpitfiresKent »

The good thing about these two is that they're both busy players so we could see a counter attack after lunch.

Anyone else now getting the odd random ad on the youtube stream?

Free Spirit

Post by Free Spirit »

"bat time'' they said, the runs will come

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

I didn't want to be called a negative nancy yesterday so kept to myself a bit, but yesterdays play reminded me of what I saw from Pakistan on day 1 at the Gabba. Openers keeping their wicket intact but not exactly scoring at a rapid rate. Difference was that Pakistan lost their shit after Lunch, and not on the 2nd day.

As well as the openers did, they need to ensure they are rotating the strike more often. Granted they are new to the scene and so hopefully this is something they will learn and develop. Bogging yourself down in runs puts pressure on you to make them later, which can lead to wickets. The senior players need to step up though when there is a solid platform laid.

Not all lost though. If these two can rotate the strike, no reason why we can't push towards 350 which I think will be a decent enough total to force Sri Lanka.