Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Post by TapsC »

Chatara was the great miss here. He would have asked more questions with the new ball. I hope the conditions are slightly more sporting next week and they bring Mumba in. I like Nyauchi. He can be a good squad player.

Cremer missing is almost as bad as when BT left . Nobody has been able to replace him.

Kriterion_BD

Re: Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Well with SL batting so slow, looks like it was a product of the sluggish outfield and pitch conditions more so than a strategic decision. To be fair, yes, going for a draw is certainly a better option than getting bowled cheaply and losing. You guys were right, TapsC/BRMT/Jaybro.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:19 pm
Well with SL batting so slow, looks like it was a product of the sluggish outfield and pitch conditions more so than a strategic decision. To be fair, yes, going for a draw is certainly a better option than getting bowled cheaply and losing. You guys were right, TapsC/BRMT/Jaybro.
Oh my word I thought I'd never see the day :o :o :o
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Yes Sri Lanka are now the only side that can win this game, Zimbabwe have too much ground to cover and the pitch won't offer enough to bring SL into collapse.

Still not a sure thing for a draw for Zimbabwe, I still feel they need to be positive and score some runs, the openers can continue to preserve their wickets because BT, Williams & Raza will naturally score quicker. I'd say if Prince and Mudzinganyama can survive the 1st session that will be good enough to force the draw, the last thing Zimbabwe need is a few early wickets.

Looking at the bowling effort the seamers were all very consistent but not very penetrative, Jarvis beat the bat the most but was really unlucky whilst Nyauchi deserved the wickets he got. The only thing worse than not having a spinner is having a shit one, Ndlovu was average all Test, he was unlucky to have Mathews dropped by Regis who again missed a chance of a spinner.

I wonder if Zimbabwe will select the same squad for the 2nd Test?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

I don't think SL batted slow. I think they just think Zim are susceptible to a collapse. They batted slow when they needed to and accelerated when they needed to, they were just unable to accelerate enough to get to 200 and put that extra bit of pressure on zim.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:53 pm
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thats only because the strategy paid off :D

On day 2 a draw is too distant a result. Had SL put on 500 at 4 or even 3.5 an over, I wouldnt have needed to concede the argument :lol: :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Googly

Post by Googly »

I see Zolsky going after Dean Du Plessis on Twitter. He’s also had a go at Dirk Viljoen and Moor, and claims Raza and Burl have seen the error of their ways and reformed. He makes a pertinent statement- he says black guys never complain. He’s 1000% correct.... and that’s why we’re in the position we’re in.
ZC have pretty much crushed all resistance to their atrocious governance and can operate with impunity. We reap the rewards of that daily.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:53 pm
Kriterion_BD wrote:
:D

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:07 am
I see Zolsky going after Dean Du Plessis on Twitter. He’s also had a go at Dirk Viljoen and Moor, and claims Raza and Burl have seen the error of their ways and reformed. He makes a pertinent statement- he says black guys never complain. He’s 1000% correct.... and that’s why we’re in the position we’re in.
ZC have pretty much crushed all resistance to their atrocious governance and can operate with impunity. We reap the rewards of that daily.
It's interesting when a BLIND man is mentioned in a thread to do with race :lol: I think they should call off Frank's rants for now. They picked guys who are doing well in the Logan cup and all of them have taken their chance. They are doing the talking with bat and ball. Some of the shots the senior guys played showed signs of lack of game time. There is no need to send their pitbull to go at people at the moment. They are winning.Ainsley for Chisoro (who is in much better form domestically too) is probably their only fail so far but that was an unfair pick anyway.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Sri Lanka paying $3.15 so I think that’s a good way to buy a draw.
Surely we don’t collapse in a heap on this pitch.