Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Post by Googly »

We need a group therapist.

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Match Thread : Sri Lanka Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 | 1st Test | Zimbabwe V/s Sri Lanka | Harare

Post by zimlover »

Our top three have started to fall like a heap of potatoes and looks like a lead of 25 and Sri lanka can chase

Googly

Post by Googly »

I see the Sri Lankans are now speaking English now they have a sniff. One of the most brutal sledgers was Sangakkara.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I wonder who’d win a sprint between BT and Prince? It would be close.

tgk

Post by tgk »

:4: :4: :4: nicely done by Sean against the spinner!

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

At least noone can accuse the captain of negative tactics here. Two reverse sweeps already :o

tgk

Post by tgk »

Well, hopefully we can counter attack our way into the lead. Best case scenario we bat out the entire day. Otherwise, we get a sustainable lead (150 ish) to defend in the last session. I don't want to think about the c word.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Williams' counter-attack is the right idea. You're toast if you jut try to block out 70 overs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

David Mutendera is right. We need fast bowlers. We have to many 125kph-135kph bowlers. Something needs to change. I can't even remember the last time I heard of a schoolboy destroying batsmen. All the same timid stuff. Chatara I understand he broke his leg but I wonder what made Jarvis lose 10kph. He isn't that old

I actually think fast bowlers are naturals. You can't make 1. Blessing is an example of how somebody can be picked from the wilderness and suddenly become a decent fast bowler. I am actually not against them going to the random rural areas chucking a ball at the kids and see who has a bit of spark. Batsmen are the ones who can be created with hard work and intelligence

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:06 am
Williams' counter-attack is the right idea. You're toast if you jut try to block out 70 overs.
This I agree with. Attack to open up the field and then settle from there