Logan Cup R4 2019/20 Mountaineers v ACHPP & Rhinos v Tuskers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Logan Cup R4 2019/20 Mountaineers v ACHPP & Rhinos v Tuskers

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

zimfan1 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:32 am
jaybro wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:28 am
Good to see BT playing & back in form, again showing the low standard of the competition that he can just walk in straight off his Christmas holiday & smash a ton

Hopefully Chatara will be fit for the Tests, does anyone have any info as to what his injury is?

No word why the other match was postponed ??
Apparantly Taylor was out injured with back spasms.....
I’m sceptical
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Interesting game here, Jarvis and Tshuma bowled tightly to restrict the Mountaineers to a small lead. Last chance for Mudzinganyama before the Sri Lanka tests to state a case.

Nyauchi as a possible third pacer? shame he is a number 11. Or does Tshuma have a chance?

Donald

Post by Donald »

I'd like mashinge at number 8 for test series. Jarvis and mumba to complete the pacers.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

zimfan1 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:17 pm
Interesting game here, Jarvis and Tshuma bowled tightly to restrict the Mountaineers to a small lead. Last chance for Mudzinganyama before the Sri Lanka tests to state a case.

Nyauchi as a possible third pacer? shame he is a number 11. Or does Tshuma have a chance?
Out for 1, Mudzingantama mania over for another season. Go and get some runs in the UK.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Donald wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:22 pm
I'd like mashinge at number 8 for test series. Jarvis and mumba to complete the pacers.
I promise you, Mashinge is a batsman who can bowl at bit. More likely to be a number 5 or 6 in the future. Have a look at his club stats in the UK, got smashed with the ball but averaged 45 with the bat.

Donald

Logan Cup R4 2019/20 Mountaineers v ACHPP & Rhinos v Tuskers

Post by Donald »

zimfan1 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:26 pm
Donald wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:22 pm
I promise you, Mashinge is a batsman who can bowl at bit. More likely to be a number 5 or 6 in the future. Have a look at his club stats in the UK, got smashed with the ball but averaged 45 with the bat.
I believe mashinge is a longer format player tjough. Look at his 4 day stats compared to 50 overs

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Oh dear, this Rangers side is so short on experience and so young, not surprising they are unable to win the pressure moments like batting out 30 overs to the close with minimal damage. Not seeing such quality in the batting apart from Brian Mudzinganyama. Young Campbell is really struggling to make an impression, where would they be without BT in this match?

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

The Rangers have been competitive in all three matches but they have lapses that are killing them. Looking at their performances from an individual perspective, apart from BT & KJ there’s been little else, Mudzinganyama & Tshuma apart the rest haven’t found their feet. Hopefully that will come with time, but at this point they seem to be struggling.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Looks like this game is finally going ahead

Big game for PJ Moor he really needs to put some runs on the board, let’s hope Chisoro does his best again to make these fools look stupid

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/879 ... up-2019-20
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Tuskers off to a horrible start possible 24/4 perhaps Madziva also making a case for himself for that allrounder spot.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'