Frank Mawoza

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Frank Mawoza

Post by Googly »

I see ZC have issued a dismissive- It’s come to our attention that there may be someone running a fake twitter account in the name of the chairman.
Nice try! :lol:
They can’t even get that right.
I haven’t seen one? I’ve seen a couple of twitter accounts that most people are rightfully assuming must come from one of them. No one is passing themselves off as Mukhulani, the exact opposite in fact , they’re pretending they’re not and they’re engaging at the basest level with people who don’t agree with their policies of blatant theft and mismanagement.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:53 am
He’s far from being establishment. I’m half way through Drain The Swamp by Ken Buck. It was originally a Democrat party slogan and the Orange Guinea Pig took it on and it gained traction. These career politicians and their cohorts are completely divorced from the people and their dealings and double dealings are mind boggling. Trump really has rocked the boat and he’s far from being in control of what’s essentially a vast swathe of corrupt people that contribute zip to society. Even their top brass in the military and their security services are up to their necks in their politics. It’s not so much of a swamp, it’s more a cesspit. They’re not much different to our lot, it’s just the level of sophistication that’s different.
The Democrats have gambled everything on stopping him run for a second term and I want to see that backfire and watch him sink some of these increasingly desperate looking freeloaders.
Did you watch Farage’s exit speech from the EU parliament? There’s more of the same.
How can a man who effectively is the leader of the 1% not be the establishment?

He refuses to implement universal healthcare. Gives contracts to friends and family. Gives big tax breaks to big corporations. Is a billionaire who lives off underpaying those less fortunate than him. I mean, the man can play all he wants that he is for the people, but he is far from it.

Googly

Post by Googly »

It’s come to their attention! :lol: :lol:
After months of the lowest level stuff it’s finally come to their attention. Everyone here knows that social media is read daily. You’d think that out of their hundreds of useless employees someone would have “brought it to their attention” a long time ago.
He’s issuing a statement because it’s backfired on him.
They’ve gotten away with anything they want to for decades and will continue to do so so it’s largely irrelevant if there’s a bit of egg on face, just scrape it off, eat it and carry on... alooter continua!

Googly

Post by Googly »

How can a man who effectively is the leader of the 1% not be the establishment?

He refuses to implement universal healthcare. Gives contracts to friends and family. Gives big tax breaks to big corporations. Is a billionaire who lives off underpaying those less fortunate than him. I mean, the man can play all he wants that he is for the people, but he is far from it.
He may be guilty of all of those things, but here’s the nub of the whole issue-
All that came before him did the same, but were far far worse, including the poster boy, Obama.
You’ve hit the nail right on the head and it’s why I vaguely support this idiot. Along comes a guy who’s not establishment and the hysterical accusations fly, basically accusing him of doing exactly what they’ve been up to for years.

Universal health care and all these social benefits are largely a load of crap. Why should earners support a mighty phalanx of freeloaders?

Googly

Post by Googly »

You cannot bring prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot help small men by tearing down big men.
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.
You cannot help the poor man by destroying the rich.
You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than your income.
You cannot further brotherhood of men by inciting class hatred.
You cannot establish security on borrowed money.
You cannot build character and courage by taking away man's initiative and independence.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:32 am

He may be guilty of all of those things, but here’s the nub of the whole issue-
All that came before him did the same, but were far far worse, including the poster boy, Obama.
You’ve hit the nail right on the head and it’s why I vaguely support this idiot. Along comes a guy who’s not establishment and the hysterical accusations fly, basically accusing him of doing exactly what they’ve been up to for years.

Universal health care and all these social benefits are largely a load of crap. Why should earners support a mighty phalanx of freeloaders?
But he is establishment. That's the silly part of it. How can anyone say that "he is one of us" when he is the complete opposite of.

Universal health care is a basic right of the state. It's why you pay taxes. It's not about supporting freeloaders. Freeloaders are a fault of the state which needs to be fixed, but things like health care are a basic state right. Look at zim...

Googly

Post by Googly »

No look at South Africa. They’re punting for free state care. Not only that they’re wanting to ban private medical insurance. Just watch what happens. Their economy is tanking anyway but this will speed it up tenfold. First World countries can only just cope with state care, the rest have absolutely no chance in hell. It should be a right but it’s not, it’s a dream.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Googly wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:29 am
No look at South Africa. They’re punting for free state care. Not only that they’re wanting to ban private medical insurance. Just watch what happens. Their economy is tanking anyway but this will speed it up tenfold. First World countries can only just cope with state care, the rest have absolutely no chance in hell. It should be a right but it’s not, it’s a dream.
But we're not talking about SA. The comment was in relation to the US, who have money to provide health care. SA, like most African countries steal the money, so they have these ambitions, but it cannot be feasible the way they steal.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Health care for 270 million people. Surely as you say it you realize it’s not feasible? The NHS is an upside down disaster, why would America do it any better?
Free stuff don’t work very well. Just my opinion.

Googly

Post by Googly »