[MATCH THREAD] U19 WC 11th Place Playoff Zimbabwe v Scotland

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: [MATCH THREAD] U19 WC 11th Place Playoff Zimbabwe v Scotland

Post by Googly »

I heard he was approached by the U19’s but eventually declined because he was studying for his A levels.
There is absolutely no doubt that he has been identified as an enormous talent by the English, but I just can’t figure out how he will get into their system because he isn’t eligible. The only thing that I can envisage is he goes to an MCC affiliated university, does three years there and then he’s close to being eligible. This is the same pathway that Brad Evans took and he’s encountered big problems.
That’s 3 years of not being able to play County Twos, that’s a long time effectively not being able to progress.
I have a feeling they will somehow make an exception for him, the ECB have absolute discretion to do what the hell they like. All you need is an influential guy quietly pulling some strings.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Huchu I’m certain must be at university in the UK. I would bet he was assisted by an Easbourne fund. He was there two years, was made headboy and was just a model student. He didn’t crack the cricket side of it, more of an all rounder. Helluva nice guy, has a bright future ahead of him.

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

Thanks as always googly. Muyeye any interest in a long-term Zim future?

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

Googly wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:47 pm
Huchu I’m certain must be at university in the UK. I would bet he was assisted by an Easbourne fund. He was there two years, was made headboy and was just a model student. He didn’t crack the cricket side of it, more of an all rounder. Helluva nice guy, has a bright future ahead of him.
His is in his final year at Sussex Uni studying Economics.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Eastbourne must look at the boys they’re getting and wondering what the hell is going on, an endless stream of bright, supremely talented, polite young guys all trying to get the fuck out of Dodge. :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

I will bet my bottom dollar that Muyeye is desperately exploring every option available to him and Zim will be his absolute last resort. If he has to come back here they’ll probably make him do 5 years in the Muzarabani academy of excellence and then 2 years at the Border Gezi camp to re-initiate him because he’s been uppity :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

There is no long term future in Zimbabwe, bud.
Cricket here has died, what you’re seeing are the convulsions, it makes the carcass look alive, but it’s really dead.

PSR
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by PSR »

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

I know. Sad face. It's the hope that kills and all that.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Gives me goose bumps man. Look at those hands!!