Frank Mawoza

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: Frank Mawoza

Post by zimbos_05 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:45 am

That’s what YOU DID, you, and those of the left have changed which variant of their/they’re to use to change the context of what he said. Objectively speaking with ‘their’ the comment flows but ‘they’re’ is disjointed. That should be proof enough.

And you brought up Trumps wife as if he is being hypocritical.
You are falling for the left wing media spin. He isn’t against LEGAL immigration. He’s against illegals.
An actual quote Trump is
Hahaha, I did not change anything mate. I took it verbatim from the transcript. Also as someone who has studied English for years, "They're" does make sense as well.

I didn't bring up his wife to make it as if he is being hypocritical. I brought it up to show how poor he is as a speaker and a leader. His words are sometimes general, and sometimes specific. He is not a man with coherent speech or thought. He is hypocritical of himself. I shouldn't have to bring up his Iran tweet to prove that. My point was that his rhetoric has been expanded to immigration as a whole by his supporters. I've seen this so many times, and yes I agree he may be talking about illegal immigrants, but that does not often translate across. Also, he labelled Africa a shit hole, blacks as lazy, and has degraded women. I really can't like the guy.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Is it possible Frank Mawoza is in fact Hillary Clinton?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Googly

Post by Googly »

Googly

Post by Googly »

This could in fact be FM.
They need to pass a law on dress codes. Hard to take this guy seriously. I do believe the American people have a perverse right to know what’s under there.
We Zimbabweans would call that a Gock...a Gut that covers his C....
He’d need to visit a car wash in order to ablute because he ain’t reaching those hard to reach places.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:44 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:45 am

That’s what YOU DID, you, and those of the left have changed which variant of their/they’re to use to change the context of what he said. Objectively speaking with ‘their’ the comment flows but ‘they’re’ is disjointed. That should be proof enough.

And you brought up Trumps wife as if he is being hypocritical.
You are falling for the left wing media spin. He isn’t against LEGAL immigration. He’s against illegals.
An actual quote Trump is
Hahaha, I did not change anything mate. I took it verbatim from the transcript. Also as someone who has studied English for years, "They're" does make sense as well.

I didn't bring up his wife to make it as if he is being hypocritical. I brought it up to show how poor he is as a speaker and a leader. His words are sometimes general, and sometimes specific. He is not a man with coherent speech or thought. He is hypocritical of himself. I shouldn't have to bring up his Iran tweet to prove that. My point was that his rhetoric has been expanded to immigration as a whole by his supporters. I've seen this so many times, and yes I agree he may be talking about illegal immigrants, but that does not often translate across. Also, he labelled Africa a shit hole, blacks as lazy, and has degraded women. I really can't like the guy.
I have never doubted your English skills. It’s great.
And, You have every right to have your opinion.

But, it’s so clear to me you are using your biases against him to fit your narrative.
I’ve explained to you the context of the Mexican comment. I’d you were objective you’d see this, yet you cling on to the Verdi’s that fits your opinion. It fascinated me. It’s confirmation bias playing out in its purest form. You have absolutely overlooked common sense with this.

I agree he can be general and specific. I keep an open mind. I actually do the same so maybe I’m sympathetic to him in this way.

You have then gone into saying his supporters have evoked an anti immigrant sentiment. This may be true/ may not be but If Trumo is not saying that then it’s not him. It may be a segment of his base but not his policy. In fact, at the storefront (white nationalist) forums, they are actually against him. Too Jew and black friendly. Even prominent ‘neo nazis’ have backed Sanders as the best of the lot. Trump is actually very black friendly to an annoying level, and has a lot of the black vote. However, that will mean shit if Biden or someone takes Michelle Obama as VP. That’s the dangerous game Trumps playing with his black love. But nevertheless this isn’t the act of a true racist.

And Africa a shithole? Cmon man. You know it is. I was shocked you of all people said that as you and googly are by far the most critical of African politics.

And he said blacks are lazy?
Are you being honest there.... self reflection time.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:17 pm

But, it’s so clear to me you are using your biases against him to fit your narrative.
I’ve explained to you the context of the Mexican comment. I’d you were objective you’d see this, yet you cling on to the Verdi’s that fits your opinion. It fascinated me. It’s confirmation bias playing out in its purest form. You have absolutely overlooked common sense with this.

I agree he can be general and specific. I keep an open mind. I actually do the same so maybe I’m sympathetic to him in this way.

You have then gone into saying his supporters have evoked an anti immigrant sentiment. This may be true/ may not be but If Trumo is not saying that then it’s not him. It may be a segment of his base but not his policy. In fact, at the storefront (white nationalist) forums, they are actually against him. Too Jew and black friendly. Even prominent ‘neo nazis’ have backed Sanders as the best of the lot. Trump is actually very black friendly to an annoying level, and has a lot of the black vote. However, that will mean shit if Biden or someone takes Michelle Obama as VP. That’s the dangerous game Trumps playing with his black love. But nevertheless this isn’t the act of a true racist.

And Africa a shithole? Cmon man. You know it is. I was shocked you of all people said that as you and googly are by far the most critical of African politics.

I may be left, but I can be objective and do keep an open mind. I am not fitting any narrative. I took his words verbatim. Word for word. I did not change anything. I never altered or edited to fix any narrative. The words he used came out of his mouth, not mine. There is no common sense to be overlooked. If I said, "the sky is brown" would you then go and say, "what he really meant is that the sky could be brown if god created it that way, so he is not wrong?"

There's enough video evidence to show that his supporters have evoked such sentiments. Again, I'm not making things up to fit a narrative. I know all too well that evidence is important and therefore I would use evidence and not make things up. In 1991, Trump criticised a black accountant by saying " I think that the guy is lazy. And it’s probably not his fault, because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that."

That may be true about Africa, but imagine someone comes to your home and starts calling the place a shithole to your face. Not exactly nice now is it.

However, It's clear you agree with him and you are entitled to your opinion, but don't try to tell me that I'm making shit up when there is enough evidence to show that I am not. I feel that leaders like him allow people to hold misogynistic views (which you've evidenced in another thread), and validate their racial and bigoted ways

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:46 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:17 pm

I may be left, but I can be objective and do keep an open mind. I am not fitting any narrative. I took his words verbatim. Word for word. I did not change anything. I never altered or edited to fix any narrative. The words he used came out of his mouth, not mine. There is no common sense to be overlooked. If I said, "the sky is brown" would you then go and say, "what he really meant is that the sky could be brown if god created it that way, so he is not wrong?"

There's enough video evidence to show that his supporters have evoked such sentiments. Again, I'm not making things up to fit a narrative. I know all too well that evidence is important and therefore I would use evidence and not make things up. In 1991, Trump criticised a black accountant by saying " I think that the guy is lazy. And it’s probably not his fault, because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that."

That may be true about Africa, but imagine someone comes to your home and starts calling the place a shithole to your face. Not exactly nice now is it.

However, It's clear you agree with him and you are entitled to your opinion, but don't try to tell me that I'm making shit up when there is enough evidence to show that I am not. I feel that leaders like him allow people to hold misogynistic views (which you've evidenced in another thread), and validate their racial and bigoted ways
This is the speech in reference.

https://youtu.be/iZNBDBRHdwc

There you can view it yourself.

He’s clearly saying that Mexico aren’t sending their best. They are sending drugs and their rapists.

But you guys are twisting it to make it as if he said ‘Mexicans are sending their drugs and they are all rapists’.

Again, you only need to watch it and remember the grammar.
Attachments
03BFC236-95E2-46A2-A99C-904F45BC67B3.jpeg
03BFC236-95E2-46A2-A99C-904F45BC67B3.jpeg (17.14 KiB) Viewed 2371 times
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:40 am

This is the speech in reference.

https://youtu.be/iZNBDBRHdwc

There you can view it yourself.

He’s clearly saying that Mexico aren’t sending their best. They are sending drugs and their rapists.

But you guys are twisting it to make it as if he said ‘Mexicans are sending their drugs and they are all rapists’.

Again, you only need to watch it and remember the grammar.
Again, I studied English. Not just in high school, but as a Bachelors, and am now doing a Master in English teaching. One of the things they tell us is to follow structure. What is said, often follows what is said before. Hopefully this will help someone.

"They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime", is what precedes his comment on rapists. Hence, the logical next word is "they're". "Their" does not fit in to the sentence structure as he is begins to list individuals and individual traits, and not a collective. "Their bringing" would be incorrect grammar. He is using "they're" as if he is listing individual qualities of what is being brought in. So when he mentions rapists, he mentions it as an individual trait. The whole point of your case is flawed by the fact that Mexico DOES NOT actively send migrants. It's not like a nationalised export of theirs. Hence, "their" is invalid as "their" would imply serviceable goods as if Mexico rounds up all their rapists and sends them to Mexico as some sort of gift package.

Again, if anything, it just goes to show how poor he is as an orator that he has grammar skills akin to primary school level. Also, that you used a meme as your source...

99% of english lecturers and teachers would be marking it incorrect if you used "their". I am not fitting a narrative, it is the rules of English. Thanks for the lesson about grandma. I can assure you that I am a believer in the oxford comma, however it doesn't really fit the case you are trying to make, as that is punctuation and not grammar.

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

Who here is the guy pretending to Mukuhlani???

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

ZIMFAN wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:46 pm
Who here is the guy pretending to Mukuhlani???
I've not seen that one, but there is this one floating about https://twitter.com/HeathStreak2

Whats really bad about this one is that is starting to get personal by saying things like disregarding what Nadine Streak has said about it being a fake account. Even zolsky responded saying it was wrong. Not cool to mess with people like that pretending to be someone else.