Match Thread : Pro 50 Championship 2019 - 20 | Round 1 | Eagles V/s Moutaineers & Rangers V/s Tuskers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Match Thread : Pro 50 Championship 2019 - 20 | Round 1 | Eagles V/s Moutaineers & Rangers V/s Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Match Thread : Pro 50 Championship 2019 - 20 | Round 1 | Eagles V/s Moutaineers & Rangers V/s Tuskers

Post by jaybro »

Let’s see who turns up for these games ??
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Re: Match Thread : Pro 50 Championship 2019 - 20 | Round 1 | Eagles V/s Moutaineers & Rangers V/s Tuskers

Post by jaybro »

BT out to Ndlovu quite ironic actually

Kasuza out after making 50

Goats slow but steady, Mutumbami needs a big score here, Regis’ spot is shaky at best I would say

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

How was the keeping in the tests?

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:19 am
BT out to Ndlovu quite ironic actually

Kasuza out after making 50

Goats slow but steady, Mutumbami needs a big score here, Regis’ spot is shaky at best I would say
Ainsley ain't that bad. That was just a very flat deck and he didn't have the experience to know what to do. Funny enough the domestic games are usually played on a pitch that does something and that is why the scores are usually low.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

In fact I would say our opener problem hasn't gone anywhere yet because those guys were batting on flat decks. We need to see them in different conditions.

Googly

Post by Googly »

That’s what I said all along, Taps. I’m not knocking these guys, they did ok, but it was a road, the easiest test opening conditions any opener will ever experience. We know they can bat a bit, but they’re not setting it alight.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

In my uninvited opinion, they showed good mental application. Especially Kasuza.
This is very important for a test player.

That said I can’t see them being talented enough to be more than 25 average type batsmen. Unless of course we play soft opposition more. Which has skewed conventional thought with batting averages.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Jemisi wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:56 am
How was the keeping in the tests?
Missed probably 2-4 four chances off the spinners

Took a smart catch off Nyauchi

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:45 am

Ainsley ain't that bad. That was just a very flat deck and he didn't have the experience to know what to do. Funny enough the domestic games are usually played on a pitch that does something and that is why the scores are usually low.
My opinion hasn’t been formed off that line performance, he showed little in the ODIs & T20s he’s played.

You could argue he needs more time & the sample size isn’t big enough, and that’s a fair point which I’ve used on other players. The difference being I’ve seen something in these other guys that makes me think with time they will become good international players, I don’t see that in Ndlovu