Match Thread : Pro 50 Championship 2019 - 20 | Round 1 | Eagles V/s Moutaineers & Rangers V/s Tuskers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Match Thread : Pro 50 Championship 2019 - 20 | Round 1 | Eagles V/s Moutaineers & Rangers V/s Tuskers

Post by jaybro »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:08 pm
In my uninvited opinion, they showed good mental application. Especially Kasuza.
This is very important for a test player.

That said I can’t see them being talented enough to be more than 25 average type batsmen. Unless of course we play soft opposition more. Which has skewed conventional thought with batting averages.
You’re probably right, looking at the history of Zimbabwean openers an average of 30 is elite, 25 is decent, like Vusi standard. Is Kasuza as good as Vusi? Is he better?

The biggest issue for him is his inability to get to three figures, hard to build up your average when your peak score is about 80. Once he sorts that out I’m sure he can be a good player for a while, he looks solid.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Match Thread : Pro 50 Championship 2019 - 20 | Round 1 | Eagles V/s Moutaineers & Rangers V/s Tuskers

Post by foreignfield »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:10 pm
Jemisi wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:56 am
How was the keeping in the tests?
Missed probably 2-4 four chances off the spinners

Took a smart catch off Nyauchi
He also made a meal of an easy run out.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:17 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
In my uninvited opinion, they showed good mental application. Especially Kasuza.

That said I can’t see them being talented enough to be more than 25 average type batsmen. Unless of course we play soft opposition more. Which has skewed conventional thought with batting averages.
You’re probably right, looking at the history of Zimbabwean openers an average of 30 is elite, 25 is decent, like Vusi standard. Is Kasuza as good as Vusi? Is he better?

The biggest issue for him is his inability to get to three figures, hard to build up your average when your peak score is about 80. Once he sorts that out I’m sure he can be a good player for a while, he looks solid.
I’ve said it more than once but I’ll say it again.
Zimbabweans value 50s too much.

I’m sure that if we could analyse the stats, our guys would have the most unconverted 50s in the world.

The amount of people who just get out right after 50 is the most telling clue. That’s a trait observed in other countries when a player hits a century.

It’s when they have mentally strained to get that goal and they mentally release and lose a slight amount of concentration right after.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:01 pm
jaybro wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:17 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:

I’ve said it more than once but I’ll say it again.
Zimbabweans value 50s too much.

I’m sure that if we could analyse the stats, our guys would have the most unconverted 50s in the world.

The amount of people who just get out right after 50 is the most telling clue. That’s a trait observed in other countries when a player hits a century.

It’s when they have mentally strained to get that goal and they mentally release and lose a slight amount of concentration right after.
50s are awesome man , I’ve just smacked two in a row after only ever making 2 in 78 games of cricket , it’s a magical thing dog . If our top 6 made 50 every innings we wouldn’t lose to much , tons are overated . No one every remembers ( or cares ) about smiths And kholis 5000 test tons. The greatest innings of all time was McGrath’s not out maiden half century truely proving 50s>100s.
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I love fiddies too. When I made one against North Ryde CC, I was smiling for days. Won the match.

But if I was an international player I would be looking for hundreds.
To win a game, you really need at least one person stepping up for a century and at least one more going balls deep past 50. Probably two.

Congrats on your batting btw.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:10 pm
I love fiddies too. When I made one against North Ryde CC, I was smiling for days. Won the match.

But if I was an international player I would be looking for hundreds.
To win a game, you really need at least one person stepping up for a century and at least one more going balls deep past 50. Probably two.

Congrats on your batting btw.
Come on doggy you have known me long enough to know I was milking the cows . Tons are the mia Khalifas titties in POV , whenever a zimbo makes a ton its such a huge deal .
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!