Tuskers vs mountaineers pro 50 8th february

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Donald

Tuskers vs mountaineers pro 50 8th february

Post by Donald »

Have noticed that both Milton shumba and Wesley madhevere are in the tuskers squad. Be good if both of these players get a bit out this weekend and if they can hold their own against a strong mountaineers attack then it bodes well for the future

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Tuskers vs mountaineers pro 50 8th february

Post by sloandog »

Donald wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:47 pm
Have noticed that both Milton shumba and Wesley madhevere are in the tuskers squad. Be good if both of these players get a bit out this weekend and if they can hold their own against a strong mountaineers attack then it bodes well for the future
I'm really glad these lads have been included. At the very least these two had to be included, although I am slightly worried nobody else has been incorporated.

I've heard Dane Schadenstiffle is only going to the UK for a summer and will then return to Zimbabwe, which is good news! He can bring his brother with him hopefully

Donald

Post by Donald »

Also dion Myers and marumani are in the mountaneers squad. Be bold selectors and pick the young uns with potential. I will be seriously pissed if at least one of the four is not included in the two squads

Googly

Post by Googly »

I know Myers is still at school and I’m fairly certain so is Marumani, they’ve missed a month and won’t miss another. Schardendorf and Bawa are definitely on scholarships to England which starts in September so they could be considered, but their long term plans are unclear. That leaves Shumba and Madhevere, I’d guess one decent innings or some wickets from either could secure them a Bang Bus ticket, but you never know how ZC thinks.
Shumba is a left arm orthodox and in our national side would bat down the order. Madhevere is a decent finger spinner and is definitely the better batsman of the two. We’ve not seen an U19 bat with as much assuredness as him yet.
He was in that 30 range but got there with ease against decent bowling attacks with good cricket shots. Where would he bat in the senior side? They’d have to take the plunge and let him open because that’s where the gap is.
What happens if they give him games now and he doesn’t make runs? Confusing times for people with a half baked plan.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Nyangani is a guy they need to persevere with. In the absence of other cricket he just needs to bowl in our franchise set up. A chinaman is such an unusual action and he’s a wicket taker, just needs to find consistency. Well all our spinners do, but this guy is young and has potential.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

I think we all missed the point that in the Under 19's WC Zimbabwe fielded an XI with all four different types of spinners

Milton Shumba - Slow Left Arm Orthodox

Wes Madhevere - Right Arm Off Spin

Privilege Chesa - Right Arm Leg Spin

Tadiwanashe Nyangani - Left Arm Chinaman

I wonder how many times that's happened ??
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Donald

Post by Donald »

Regardless of school being on I would like to think all the players could rock up for these weekend 50 over fixtures.
We know madhevere has taken a year out of education and shumba possibly the same. Don't rule out the possibility of madhevere opening with justice chibhaba in Bangladesh.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Wesley spin gives options but his batting has been really good. 50s against England south Africa India and new Zealand in the England match he was coasting along before he was run out and clearly head and shoulders above his team mates

Googly

Post by Googly »

In terms of batting? I don’t think so. He perhaps edges a couple because he’s played a lot more competitive cricket in SA, but Myers, Schardendorf and Bawa are very good batting prospects. Marumani did better than all of them but I’m not sure he has a technique that will hold up at the higher levels, I hope he proves me wrong. I said this before, young Bawa plays a few shots reserved for only players of the highest caliber and he does it instinctively, it’s not like he’s been coached it.
If I had to pick one guy to work with amongst these guys it would be Bawa. We will see next year how he goes at Eastbourne. It’s a pity he couldn’t get there now so he could get straight into their school cricket in April/May, he’s effectively going to miss nearly a year of cricket between now and the English season, that’s the problem with any schoolboy that goes there. It’s not the end of the world, but it’s not good.
I said in another post, Eastbourne have just had Muyeye and now they’re getting Bawa, they must be shaking their heads in wonder at what’s going on here.

Donald

Post by Donald »

Marumani seemed good at bullying the Scotlands of under 19 level I will give him that