Tuskers vs mountaineers pro 50 8th february

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Tuskers vs mountaineers pro 50 8th february

Post by Googly »

If England produce a player of this caliber he immediately gets special attention, not only at school, but at County age group level. They know guys like this don’t come along every day. On the other hand our system just leave them to their own devices and they generally don’t amount to much. ZC just don’t seem to understand that these guys need to practice 3/4 times a week. One coach I respect always says 3 times a week is maintenance, more than that is when you see progress. Yet somehow we keep producing these kids/young men that are really exceptional. We would have a decent side if ZC had paid attention to the basics.
A good example is Ben Curran, the middle Curran brother. I promise you when he was at school here he was probably only slightly above average. He piggy backed off Sam’s natural ability and got given very similar opportunities at school and county age group and he’s become a damned fine cricketer as a result. If you put our best schoolboys we’ve had over the years into that same environment they would nearly all be professional cricketers now. There really isn’t any excuse for letting the good guys go. It’s people with no plan and no foresight. If they’d spent some money and had the right personnel in place we’d be spoilt for choice with young batters of the absolute highest caliber.
Look where Eddie Byrom is right now, he’s on the cusp of a great career, he plays any format with ease. He would never be anywhere near where he is now if he’d stayed here, he’d be an unknown. ZC’s actual business strategy is to hope that one of these guys comes back. :lol:
People complain that England are stealing our players but they aren’t, they’re developing players ZC don’t do anything with. If Privthi Shaw was born and raised in Zimbabwe he’d be playing club cricket for OH and one day hoping for a game for Eagles when one of their players died of old age. It’s the truth.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Byrom is 22/23, has been away for 5 years and has probably played over 300 games of cricket in that time. Let that sink in for a moment. That is a shed load of experience packed into a few short years, and it’s not Mickey Mouse cricket either. If you compare that to one of our guys here they may have gotten through about 60 or 70 and at a much lower standard.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I always used to think that they passed up on good white kids because they’re inherently racist, but they’re also letting guys like Muyeye and Bawa slip through their fingers as well:lol:, seriously on what planet do you let guys like this out of your sight?

Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Andybligzz »

jaybro wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:17 am
I think we all missed the point that in the Under 19's WC Zimbabwe fielded an XI with all four different types of spinners

Milton Shumba - Slow Left Arm Orthodox

Wes Madhevere - Right Arm Off Spin

Privilege Chesa - Right Arm Leg Spin

Tadiwanashe Nyangani - Left Arm Chinaman

I wonder how many times that's happened ??
Happened in the big bash the other night . Maxwell ( right arm offspin ) zampa ( legspin ) nic Maddison ( Left arm orthodox ) and that hitchcliff bloke from wa ( left arm chinaman ) ;)
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

Googly wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:34 am
I always used to think that they passed up on good white kids because they’re inherently racist, but they’re also letting guys like Muyeye and Bawa slip through their fingers as well:lol:, seriously on what planet do you let guys like this out of your sight?
Incompetence knows no colour.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Andybligzz wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:44 pm
jaybro wrote:
I think we all missed the point that in the Under 19's WC Zimbabwe fielded an XI with all four different types of spinners

Happened in the big bash the other night . Maxwell ( right arm offspin ) zampa ( legspin ) nic Maddison ( Left arm orthodox ) and that hitchcliff bloke from wa ( left arm chinaman ) ;)
Well there you go 😂😂😂
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

jaybro wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:50 pm
Andybligzz wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:44 pm
jaybro wrote:

Well there you go 😂😂😂
I think of jaybro has posted this a week ago, people here would have been ‘wow that’s a first’.

Ironic timing.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

The key is you never see many Chinamans. Corona killed them.

It’s a hard art to master (it’s effectively leg spin) and it takes away the ‘spin away from rightie’ element.

All the Chinamans I can think of are below.

Katich (a batsman)
Bevan (a batsman)
Sobers (a batsman)
Hogg (started a batsman)
Freedman (Never played for Oz despite decent stats)
Yadav (first ever for India)
Paul Adams (weird player in general)
This Hitchcliff dude. Only because Andybligz said.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Darcy short is also one and seems to be getting better every time he bowls , only player in the bbl to take a 5 for all tournament. Also saw that young guy from Afghanistan under 19s who looks a incredible prospect .
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!