Test Match Squad For Bangladesh (Announced)

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Test Match Squad For Bangladesh (Announced)

Post by zimfan1 »

Zimbabwe Test squad: Sikandar Raza, Regis Chakabva (wk), Craig Ervine (captain), Kevin Kasuza, Timycen Maruma, Prince Masvaure, Christopher Mpofu, Brian Mudzinganyama, Carl Mumba, Tinotenda Mutombodzi, Ainsley Ndlovu, Victor Nyauchi, Brendan Taylor, Donald Tiripano, Charlton Tshuma
I bet the Bangladesh batsman are licking their lips :lol:

Kriterion_BD

Re: Test Match Squad For Bangladesh (Announced)

Post by Kriterion_BD »

zimfan1 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:45 pm
Zimbabwe Test squad: Sikandar Raza, Regis Chakabva (wk), Craig Ervine (captain), Kevin Kasuza, Timycen Maruma, Prince Masvaure, Christopher Mpofu, Brian Mudzinganyama, Carl Mumba, Tinotenda Mutombodzi, Ainsley Ndlovu, Victor Nyauchi, Brendan Taylor, Donald Tiripano, Charlton Tshuma
Yeah that bowling attack might struggle to take 10 wickets in the entire match. Really hope Mosaddek is fit and selected in the XI.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:07 pm
zimfan1 wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:45 pm
Yeah that bowling attack might struggle to take 10 wickets in the entire match. Really hope Mosaddek is fit and selected in the XI.
To be fair they have little choice on the pace front, can't think of any other pacer who should be in the squad, just the cupboard is bare. We are a spinner light though, looks like one of Mutombodzi or Mudzinganyama will play to add a third spin option. Williams is a big miss with both bat and ball.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Honestly wtf !!!

Ndlovu & Mutombodzi again !!!!

Zim should have their test status revoked just for picking these jokers

Maruma again as well ffs

Could this be the worst Test match of all time?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:58 pm
Honestly wtf !!!

Ndlovu & Mutombodzi again !!!!

Zim should have their test status revoked just for picking these jokers

Maruma again as well ffs

Could this be the worst Test match of all time?
Mufadza and PJ should be their in my opinion. Tamim may score 500

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

This really is a poor squad.

Dont worry though, Mithun, Liton, Mahmudullah look to be selected and give ZIM a strong run for most useless braindead test squad ever selected.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:42 pm
This really is a poor squad.

Dont worry though, Mithun, Liton, Mahmudullah look to be selected and give ZIM a strong run for most useless braindead test squad ever selected.
Will we see the limited over squad which includes chibhabha & Sean Williams...If PJ Moor , K-Long & Chisoro don't crack the side...

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

https://www.herald.co.zw/sean-williams- ... est-match/

Typical confusion as Mpofu is said to have been added but I can't see his name on the list. I know I even wanted PJ in there but at the same time I'm not mad he didn't get picked. Last I read Mutombodzi messed up his hamstring and Maruma was also injured. Surprised they are there.

Well Mpofu is on Mehluli's list so I suspect he will play. https://www.sundaynews.co.zw/childs-bir ... ts-recall/

I guess it will all depend on the pitch that is prepared. Last time out they made a spin friendly wicket and suddenly our guys looked dangerous. The line up was never going to change much from what we saw against Sri Lanka as the batsmen didn't do too bad and the dangerous bowlers are injured. Can't blame them for that. Chisoro is obviously the guy who should have made the team but I doubt he will play for us for a long time.

I would go with

Prince
Kasuza
Ervine
BT
Raza
Regis
Mutombodzi
Tiripano
Mumba
Mpofu
Nyauchi (Ainsley if it's spinning)

Mutombodzi has to step up with the bat. We have no option. Tshuma is a guy who could cause problems but Mumba can bat. Tough decision. Tiripano will be needed in case mutombodzi fails with the bat. At least there is a practice match so it will help see who can do something

Googly

Post by Googly »

I guess they’re hoping the new captain will give Ainsley a few overs :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
He must be related to someone.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I totally understand paying respect to Logan Cup performances BUT they're picking Maruma who has 177 runs @35 for the season (two 50s) and scored a duck in the 1st Test, over PJ Moor who has a Test average of 35!!!

Current form v Past performances is always a tricky debate and in all honesty I will usually side with current form. But the current form must be top shelf, I have no problem in Prince & Kasuza being picked ahead of Moor, but not Maruma.

The spin situation is getting absurd now, how can Chisoro continue to be ignored?? Looking at Ndlovu he must be sucking a lot of cock, he is the 15th highest wicket taker this season, 6th spinner, which means there are 5 spinners who have taken more wickets than him. That's not including Raza or Williams who only have the one game to their names, so how in God's name is he being picked? Especially after the shit show in the 1st Test?

I know I'm a biased Madziva fan, but he's the leading run scorer in Logan Cup this year and in limited bowling chances he's managed 8 wickets @ 16 a piece, surely he should have been on the tour ?

Squad is a shambles, why are you taking 5 seam bowlers to Bangladesh for 1 Test ??? Ludicrous

Squad Should have been

Kasuza
Prince
Ervine
BT
Moor
Raza
Regis
Madziva
Chisoro
Mumba
Nyauchi

Mpofu
Kamunhukamwe
Mavuta
Mutumbami

Mutumbami hasn't much Logan Cup form, but he's in good Pro50 form and he would give the option of playing Regis as a No.5 and leave Richmond to counter attack at 7.

With KJ, TLC, Burl & Williams sidelined the stocks are thin, hopefully we see the likes of Madhevere, Shumba, Murray etc move into the setup in the next 12 months
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement