Jeremy ives

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Donald

Jeremy ives

Post by Donald »

Jeremy ives is on the cricket xchange website. He is looking for an English club for 2020 for summer season. But the really telling news is that be has finished his degree according to the bio and is now looking to break into the zimbabwe side

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Jeremy ives

Post by Black Mamba »

Quality allrounder who can open and can bowl left arm spin.

Snyder & Ives was talent to watch in 2016 U19 WC

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

I liked his temperament in that U19 tournament. He was a bit slow but had good resolve. Would be a good addition to the domestic scene. Although I wouldn't read much into the bios of these guys as they have to spruce it up and say all the right things etc. We'll know if he really is interested in the Zimbabwe career when he turns out domestically OR when some domestic team decides to give him those chances.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

He would have to play a domestic season if he wants to break into the team. Why would they pick him over Mudzinganyama for example? Its a sacrifice 1 has to make. You wont break into the team off club cricket unless you play for a top top club

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

I would like to have him back in the fold, only issue is enticing him or other similar guys back.

You will struggle to get these guys back without a central contract, but are they worthy of it? That's the balancing act and probably the reason why the side and will always be a few really good players surrounded by average guys

I've said it before that a domestic competition where players can earn a decent salary would solve a lot of issues
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Ives is ok, nothing special.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Sick of these guys going off to study for three years (when they don’t need too, as I’ve explained before) and all of a sudden wanting back after three years out of the game.

This is how Maruma quality players are made
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:50 am
Sick of these guys going off to study for three years (when they don’t need too, as I’ve explained before) and all of a sudden wanting back after three years out of the game.

This is how Maruma quality players are made
And are picked in the squad, performs in one match and remains in the team for long period of time.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I’d much rather see Malcolm Lake going on record saying he wants to crack the national side. Ives I couldn’t care less about personally.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

A decent off spinner and a solid batter but hardly a world beater. Would add some much needed depth to our FC system, but from what I saw he was miles away from being batter of international quality.

Adam Keefe was a much better player