Blessing Muzarabani hints at Zimbabwe Cricket comeback

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Blessing Muzarabani hints at Zimbabwe Cricket comeback

Post by sloandog »

I never saw him bowl anywhere near that speed

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:52 pm
I never saw him bowl anywhere near that speed
Blessing you mean?

I'm pretty sure I remember him clocking 140+ in Bangladesh in the 2018 tri series. His average speed was probably around 134-135, but he got well into the 140s, IIRC. His max was probably in the 88-89 mph range. Don't think he hit 90/145 clicks, but he was getting close at times from what I remember.

Think of it this way. What use would the Counties have of a Zimbabwean bowler who's just a 130-135 kph trundler? His height? There are probably a dozen guys in English cricket who are 6'6" or taller. He didn't really swing the ball or anything. He had raw pace, and potential if he could get in the mindset of cracking some helmets.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

My hazy memory says Blessing hit 140 twice back in that 2018 region. And it was a surprise BUT was mentioned here.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:11 am

My point was if you bothered to watch the current bunch of seamers bowl you’d know Blessing is easily better than them.

Also enjoy how people phrase things to fit their narrative lol “they are so willing to let him go” the article points at the demise of the Kolpak ruling as to why his three year deal will finish after two
Calm down buttercup. I have not watched Blessing since he left us, and when he did play for us, I did not think he was overly fast. He had height going for him and on the odd occasion, control. I was merely asking if the hype is valid based on how he has performed since going to the UK.

Hahaha, phrase things to fit my narrative. Are you any conservative party? Players already signed under a Kolpak will be allowed to stay on in their current deal through to January 2021 if they stay with their current club. So the club could keep him on if they wish too.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

In the end the question is who would not want him back ? The rest does not matter. We all know the March 2018 team was the best team we have had since 2004. He was part of it. Whatever else people think we can only judge when we see him. He is only 23. Nobody has watched him recently here so we can't make judgement. Maybe Mr Ward but nobody else

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I faced him in 2018, I bet nobody here can claim that.
He was playing for Denton West in our GMCL Prem and your truly was tasked to open again him, had a yard, but not stupidly quick

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:49 am

Calm down buttercup. I have not watched Blessing since he left us, and when he did play for us, I did not think he was overly fast. He had height going for him and on the odd occasion, control. I was merely asking if the hype is valid based on how he has performed since going to the UK.

Hahaha, phrase things to fit my narrative. Are you any conservative party? Players already signed under a Kolpak will be allowed to stay on in their current deal through to January 2021 if they stay with their current club. So the club could keep him on if they wish too.
Ok 'Buttercup' my point is if you were watching the same games I've been watching you'd know the likes of Tshuma, Mumba, Tiripano & Nyauchi are well below what Blessing has already showed.

Going off this from you I guess you don't watch as much as you say?
zimbos_05 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:59 am
Did not expect to wake up to a result where it was so close. Nice to see Wes getting a good score. Hopefully he can actually develop the way a talent of his should. He could open doors if he is consistent and develops his game well.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:49 am

I'm not certain on what exactly is going with Kolpak deals but the article clearly states that Kolpak deals will be terminated at the end of 2020, as I said I don't know but this is what the article states. So your comment that his County is happy to let him go, or that they could keep him on if they wished hasn't been formed from this article hence my comment that you're phrasing things to fit your narrative

Really nothing shocking to what I've said Buttercup but as per usual you're too busy being negative to realise
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

grant

Post by grant »

He was easily our quickest seamer. I remember him clocking 140+ kph on multiple occasions (as high as 144 kph). His pace was a little inconsistent though. His pace was usually around the 135-136 kph mark, which even Mumba struggles to reach consistently.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:08 am

Ok 'Buttercup' my point is if you were watching the same games I've been watching you'd know the likes of Tshuma, Mumba, Tiripano & Nyauchi are well below what Blessing has already showed.

Going off this from you I guess you don't watch as much as you say?
zimbos_05 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:59 am
Did not expect to wake up to a result where it was so close. Nice to see Wes getting a good score. Hopefully he can actually develop the way a talent of his should. He could open doors if he is consistent and develops his game well.
Firstly, you clearly are using the term buttercup wrong.

Secondly, I have been watching the games and seeing the bowling, but i do apologise about the time I had to go to sleep because I had work at 5am the next morning and could not stay up till stupid o'clock to watch the game. Clearly that makes me a terrible fan who never watched any games live or even the highlights that get posted.

I never said these guys are any good, I was merely asking, how much better is Blessing at this moment? Does he have more to work on or are we actually saying that he is at the level of which he can come in and will be this world class beater who is moving the ball, changing it up well, and knocking high speeds consistently...Will he really form this potent attack akin to countries like Aus/Eng/India, with KJ and TC that many are alluding to?

jaybro wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:15 am

I'm not certain on what exactly is going with Kolpak deals but the article clearly states that Kolpak deals will be terminated at the end of 2020, as I said I don't know but this is what the article states. So your comment that his County is happy to let him go, or that they could keep him on if they wished hasn't been formed from this article hence my comment that you're phrasing things to fit your narrative

Really nothing shocking to what I've said Buttercup but as per usual you're too busy being negative to realise
Jeez mate. I asked a genuine question from those who have watched him more in the county scene. If he was genuinely good, then a club would want to try and sign him on for the last year of deal even if meant as a foreigner, rather than 'just' let him go. They committed to 3 years initially and if a player is genuinely good or of a high quality, surely you do everything you can to sign them...no?

So again, not negative. Not fitting a narrative. Just asking questions that normally get asked.