Match Thread | Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe 3rd ODI 2020 | Sylhet

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Match Thread | Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe 3rd ODI 2020 | Sylhet

Post by jaybro »

Bangladesh are just so far ahead of Zimbabwe now, that test match in 2018 was just a blip.

Liton Das 176* c’mon !!!!

I like the guy I really do enjoy watching him bat, but he’s not that good ffs

#hondoout
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Sylhet is a very flat track for ODIs. The boundaries are tiny as well. The sheer number of 6s proves that. Most of the sixes landed 10 yards outside the ropes.

Taylor, Raza, Williams were always going to have to bat big for Zimbabwe to compete. They needed 3 hundreds between them from the 3 games.

Just a couple months left till the ODI super league starts. Should be an interesting tournament.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:09 am
Sylhet is a very flat track for ODIs. The boundaries are tiny as well. The sheer number of 6s proves that. Most of the sixes landed 10 yards outside the ropes.

Taylor, Raza, Williams were always going to have to bat big for Zimbabwe to compete. They needed 3 hundreds between them from the 3 games.

Just a couple months left till the ODI super league starts. Should be an interesting tournament.
The three Zimbabwe seamers failed to take new ball wickets

Mumba did well at times at the death but needed more penetration in the 1st 10

Bangladesh would have got 400 easy if the game went 50 overs

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I think flat tracks are exposing how bad our bowling is. This should be the big lesson learnt here. They really show that the likes of Raza are not frontline bowlers. We often mistake them for being class spinners but their stregnth is their batting. This also showed we ain't got much coming through the ranks bowling wise. Nothing scary or exciting.

You know I was about 70% sure Wes was going to do well with the bat. Maybe not as quickly as he did but we knew he would come good. We are all feeling fairly confident that Myers, Shumba and Murray will come in and settle into this team but we as a collective have doubt about probably our most exciting bowling prospect switching his kolpak for national colours. This shows that our bowing department is in trouble.

Flat tracks also show how incompetent our bowling coach is. Has our death bowling even slightly improved over the last 5 years? I know people call out lots of non-per formers but I think I have to personally start the movement to bring awareness to the fact that Douglas Hondo has been part of this set up for years but he brings absolutely NOTHING to the table.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:31 am

Flat tracks also show how incompetent our bowling coach is. Has our death bowling even slightly improved over the last 5 years? I know people call out lots of non-per formers but I think I have to personally start the movement to bring awareness to the fact that Douglas Hondo has been part of this set up for years but he brings absolutely NOTHING to the table.
But I did #hondoout 3 posts ago 🤭

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

TapsC wrote:
I think flat tracks are exposing how bad our bowling is. This should be the big lesson learnt here. They really show that the likes of Raza are not frontline bowlers. We often mistake them for being class spinners but their stregnth is their batting. This also showed we ain't got much coming through the ranks bowling wise. Nothing scary or exciting.

You know I was about 70% sure Wes was going to do well with the bat. Maybe not as quickly as he did but we knew he would come good. We are all feeling fairly confident that Myers, Shumba and Murray will come in and settle into this team but we as a collective have doubt about probably our most exciting bowling prospect switching his kolpak for national colours. This shows that our bowing department is in trouble.

Not only flat trackss, this team lacks quality and can struggle in any track. Wiilliams and Raza are part time spinners. Game now depends on having a wrist spinner, who doesnt depends on pitch and Zimbabwe were too early to drop Mavuta. Finger spinners or part timers cant create problems for sub continent players that too in sub continent tracks. Pacers needs to be close to 140 + to trouble any batsman. Mumba, Tshuma, Tiripano lacks skill.

Hondo, Stuart Matsikenyeri were average players in their days, this set up needs great players thinking to step up, average player's mentality cant make them rise.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

jaybro wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:51 am
TapsC wrote:

But I did #hondoout 3 posts ago 🤭
Hadn't read the thread :D we need to put real pressure. This man has been on a paid holiday for half a decade

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Did anyone expect us to challenge Bangladesh? I've been saying Hondo needs to go for ages. Nice guy and all, but we can't keep giving jobs to mates, and expecting things to change for the better.

There is always talk from ZC but no action, and then when something like this happens, they blame it on the likes of BT and Raza and carry on like they are the ones costing the team. Players are earning international caps for absolutely no reason.

This squad was meant to be picked on domestic form, so if anything, this tells us our domestic system is flawed and broken. It can not be used as a barometer for how good a players is.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Fuck me is Hondo still our bowling coach?

I thought he was given the flick in the same clean out that affected Streak and Co.

I didn’t even realise he was back. Why?

I’m always weary of a technical coach who wasn’t particularly great themselves.

I know talent isn’t necessarily a pre requisite to teach, but someone like Hondo had the tools (ability to bowl above 130, stable coaching setup etc) and was still shit. So what can he teach someone like Tiripano?
Someone like Brent this doesn’t apply too, because he didn’t have the ability to bowl beyond 120, yet still somehow made a half decent career as a frontline bowler. That’s someone who has something to give.

This is also why whenever Streak has been in ZC, the bowling unit has improved, or a new strike bowler emerges with Blessing being the last one.

It’s also why I’m still dirty on Blessing for not supporting the guy that made him, during that stand off in 2018, after he signed the Kolpak.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

It’s hard to judge whether or not a player will become a good coach just purely going off their playing ability or performances.

I only judge on the performances & growth of players they’re coaching. The bowlers are are shit and not getting any better, Hondo must go.

Yes Dogg he was sacked with Streak, but along with Walter Chawaguta they got rehired because they kiss arse

Chawguta really needs to go, he’s been around for ages, selection has gone to shit under him