[ Match Thread ] Zimbabwe Tour Of Bangladesh 2020 | 1st T20 | ZIM V/s BD | Mirpur

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: [ Match Thread ] Zimbabwe Tour Of Bangladesh 2020 | 1st T20 | ZIM V/s BD | Mirpur

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Bangladeshi_Fan wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:15 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:18 pm
I hope Biplob gets Carted here, for no other reason than his name is Aminul Biplob and saying it grates my nerves.
Biplob means revolution.
Biplob in Bengali comes from Sanskrit word "viplava" - meaning revolt, revolution, calamity...
Bangladeshi_Fan wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:18 pm
The Robot wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:17 pm
Bangladeshi_Fan wrote:
Biplob means revolution.
What Shreyas Iyer Means ?
No clue. That's Indian. India has like 50+ languages.
Shreyas in Sanskrit means auspicious, prosperous, distinguished, etc.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: [ Match Thread ] Zimbabwe Tour Of Bangladesh 2020 | 1st T20 | ZIM V/s BD | Mirpur

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

We actually hit 9 sixes in this match. 5 guys scored 20 or more. None carried on. This was a batting paradise and 200 was chase-able. Also questionable captaincy (what's new here for Zim?) to not bowl more of Madhevere when he seemed to be looking better then others, and to not bat first to begin with.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I know a few guys out the name Iyer and they are upper castes, so the name must have some prestige in it.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Bangladeshi_Fan

Post by Bangladeshi_Fan »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:26 pm
Bangladeshi_Fan wrote:
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:18 pm
I hope Biplob gets Carted here, for no other reason than his name is Aminul Biplob and saying it grates my nerves.
Biplob means revolution.
Biplob in Bengali comes from Sanskrit word "viplava" - meaning revolt, revolution, calamity...
Bangladeshi_Fan wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:18 pm
The Robot wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:17 pm

What Shreyas Iyer Means ?
No clue. That's Indian. India has like 50+ languages.
Shreyas in Sanskrit means auspicious, prosperous, distinguished, etc.
I see. Thanks.

I don't know all the words in Sanskrit. It is why I couldn't pick it up. It is like one of those hard and rarely used words.

Bangladeshi_Fan

Post by Bangladeshi_Fan »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:29 pm
We actually hit 9 sixes in this match. 5 guys scored 20 or more. None carried on. This was a batting paradise and 200 was chase-able. Also questionable captaincy (what's new here for Zim?) to not bowl more of Madhevere when he seemed to be looking better then others, and to not bat first to begin with.
200 on any pitch can be hard to chase down (even on flat pitches). It is why it is better to restrict opponent to under 165.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:08 pm
My Gawd.

4 overs in and I have already formed these opinion.

Taylor is giving off a disinterested vibe. Don’t be surprised if he retires when his contract runs out.

K long looks like a tail ender out there. Yes he’s hit a few 4’s, but they are wild swings and he’s going to get himself out cheaply.
Yup. I don't see BT playing past the 2021 t20 world cup with the way he is playing. They will obviously offer him a shitty contract when its time and he will probably turn it down.

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

TapsC wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:06 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:08 pm
My Gawd.

4 overs in and I have already formed these opinion.

Taylor is giving off a disinterested vibe. Don’t be surprised if he retires when his contract runs out.

K long looks like a tail ender out there. Yes he’s hit a few 4’s, but they are wild swings and he’s going to get himself out cheaply.
Yup. I don't see BT playing past the 2021 t20 world cup with the way he is playing. They will obviously offer him a shitty contract when its time and he will probably turn it down.
Not only BT. I see many not playing past 2021 but sadly friendship, politics is there to save their career. And Youngstars like Tsiga, Musakanda, Jongwe, Mupriwa, Madziva had to suffer despite performing in domestic cricket

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

There’s literally no one within Zimbabwe who will improve our performance by more than 1/2%.

The best tactic, short of buying back the diaspora, is to get the under 19s and maybe Brian M and Sloandogs flat mate Tari, take the small hit, and hope they improve substantially down the line.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

The problem here is the bowling. that's it. You can't expect any player to improve playing against such weak bowlers. We need a complete revamp.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Absolutely nothing to do with the bowlers or the batters. The piece of s%#* racist thieves at the top are to blame, that’s all. Get rid of those disgusting kretins, put proper people in charge, get those twats behind bars, get a restraining order against about a dozen others so they’re not allowed within 10km of a cricket pitch, make a law that enables black folk to be prosecuted for blatant racism to make it a two way street and cricket will turn the corner.
Ok none of that’s going to happen :lol:

I think all the Board and coaching staff should give themselves a raise and look at getting some new ZC cars for themselves because it takes a special skill to lose $4million overnight and get away with it.
Ok this will happen.