[ Match Thread ] Zimbabwe Tour Of Bangladesh 2020 | 1st T20 | ZIM V/s BD | Mirpur

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

Re: [ Match Thread ] Zimbabwe Tour Of Bangladesh 2020 | 1st T20 | ZIM V/s BD | Mirpur

Post by zimbos_05 »

There are so many errors in every department and area it's not even funny anymore.

How can you go this whole series seeing the team batting first score big and decide you still want to bowl.

BT needs a break. He is looking shot. Not sure what it is, but he needs a break.

As much as we hype up K-Long and Wes and co, it's obvious to see the youngsters don't have the skills to be consistent at this level. You can also see them making schoolboy errors. Let's not put them through the same thing of having a bright start only to stagnate and end with mediocre careers.

How Hammy can look at this and be ok and happy with it is purely selfish. Rajput has lost to the likes of Netherlands, Ireland, Singapore, and is now getting a hiding and yet the best we can do is him, Hondo and Stu?

It's an utter shit show and they all need to go, particularly the board.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [ Match Thread ] Zimbabwe Tour Of Bangladesh 2020 | 1st T20 | ZIM V/s BD | Mirpur

Post by jaybro »

Williams bowling changes seem to be a bit negative too, I know it’s hard to be positive with the way things are but he clearly has no faith in Mumba

During the 2nd Test v Sri Lanka in the 4th innings Mumba got the 1st wicket, then never bowled again in the match! Yesterday Mumba was bowling ok and definitely looked the most dangerous in the power play, he had gone for 14 off his first 10 balls, not too bad.

He then got hit for a 4 & 6 to ruin his figures, but up till that point he’d done ok. Mumba has also taken 6 wickets bowling at the death in the ODI series, yet Williams never brought him back for his last two overs yesterday!!!

There is a good bowler somewhere within Carl Mumba he just needs some time and to learn against high quality batsman, he is the only seamer I’ve seen on this tour that is really worth investing in.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I think Thsuma has a lot of potential. He’s got a lovely action, and has the ability to hit the mid 130’s. He’s worth sticking with for sure.
It’s a shame that we only ever really play on wickets in Zim, Bangladesh or the UAE. Spinners wickets, making it tough for our batters and our fast bowlers. I reckon in England they would have a better chance

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:18 pm
I think Thsuma has a lot of potential. He’s got a lovely action, and has the ability to hit the mid 130’s. He’s worth sticking with for sure.
It’s a shame that we only ever really play on wickets in Zim, Bangladesh or the UAE. Spinners wickets, making it tough for our batters and our fast bowlers. I reckon in England they would have a better chance
I think the 2 guys. Mumba and Tshuma are not that bad. They just haven't been developed enough and they havent played enough games. Tshuma has played less than 20 games I think and he is in his mid20s. We need more A cricket

The reason why Madhevere was doing ok is that he has been playing non-stop cricket since November. Almost week in-week out kinda stuff. Some of those kids they were up against might be better than the bowlers we have in our current setup who are not Jarvis or Chatara. Before that he was in the S.A. school system.

Every game has been a fight for him too. No easy stuff. Straight from Bangladesh he is going to be up against some county sides and then Ireland. There is no break. Burl and Tari will be gunning for his place. His mate Shumba is knocking on the door. He has to perform almost every game. Mumba and Tshuma need that pressure. Once Blessing is back things will really heat up because no central contract will lead to starvation unlike other countries.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

The thing I find interesting with you Taps is how you talk as if things are running smoothly. I'm not picking on you, I just found it interesting the way you put it. Like when you say that the competition for places will breed better players, in theory I agree with that concept, but I don't think we really have that. Even if Blessing comes back, I don't think we will see a competition for places as such.

There will be players who will get picked on favouritism, and with wages being slashed, I can't see many guys wanting to stick around if they are earning peanuts and being overlooked for one of "the boys".

Like you also mentioned, we don't play much domestic cricket, so if that does not improve and if the standard of it especially is sub standard, can we really expect the players to improve?

Googly

Post by Googly »

Aside from the muppets in charge and the devastation they’ve caused, we lack players of international caliber except for the usual crew, and they’re not stand out, they’re middle of the road. BT is the only one that can really light it up.
Let’s see how Madhevere goes over the next month or so. I like the look of him. He’s going to face a couple of quick guys from Derbyshire, the telling of a decent bat is how he handles pace, and we’re yet to see how he will cope.
The optimist in me (not a big slice) thinks maybe we can do some damage control until we see administrative change, but it isn’t going to happen. It’s like having a giant leech two foot up your colon, ain’t nothing budging that!
If we have a poor showing against Ireland you’d think the coaching staff will be under pressure, but with $4 million less to spend the options are limited to folk with a bought Level 1 coaching certificate from Muzarabani Centre of Excellence, with some experience at Bindura nets.
Brent is a logical cheap choice, but it will be mere days before Zakoni is calling for his head. ZC dry humped him and his uncle like a $2 Muzarabani hooker last time around so I’m not sure he’ll be putting his hand up any time soon.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

The only frustrating thing about the Madhevere issue, is as much of a blessing as his arrival is, the type of player he is hasn’t solved an immediate hole of ours. A pacer, a spinner or an opener.

Weirdly, he has opened. So he could fill that role. I hope he gets a score so Rajput is confident putting him at the top.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:18 pm
I agree with this 100%

I pointed this out a while back that the Zimbabwe seamers rarely get to play on decks that suit them, only when Bangladesh tour which hasn’t happened for 7 years or when they tour South Africa.

Mpofu is a perfect example, he’s played his whole career on dead slow decks, he actually looked pretty good in the pink ball test.

Zimbabwe need to change philosophy and prepare hard and fast decks to encourage good fast bowling. They predominantly face Asian sides anyways so it should in theory work to their advantage
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement