Zim Board XI & Chairman XI picked

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zim Board XI & Chairman XI picked

Post by sloandog »

Just glad Maruma isn’t in there

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Also delighted to see Marumani in that squad!

tgk

Post by tgk »

Black Mamba wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:58 am
jaybro wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:25 am
Black Mamba wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:16 am
Tsiga was among the top run getters in Logan Cup 2018 season a technically correct wicket keeper batsman who can open the innings.

Mupriwa also looked classy left handed wicket keeper middle order batsman based on whatever he played, by now could have been entry for them in Zimbabwe Colours.
They’re in Australia dumbarse
Dickhead somebody already answered it earlier then your comment
that...was the same dude.

Intella2

Post by Intella2 »

Schadendorf signed for Nottinghamshire

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

Jayden? Any interest in a return to Zim?

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Intella2 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:15 pm
Googly said this guy would never make it and that he wasn't good enough.
I argued against this and was virtually laughed at when I pointed out his half century against the Sri Lankans in the Under 19 CWC.
County cricket is a very hard nut to crack and this guy has (apparently) managed to get into one of the stronger teams.
Good for him, fuck ZC. After the shambles I saw today against the Tigers I've never felt more deflated following this team. Taylor doesn't look bothered, Ervine is not a T20 player and the bowlers are absolutely, diabolically toothless. All the while there's talent back home who is getting overlooked.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:45 pm
Intella2 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:15 pm
Googly said this guy would never make it and that he wasn't good enough.
I argued against this and was virtually laughed at when I pointed out his half century against the Sri Lankans in the Under 19 CWC.
County cricket is a very hard nut to crack and this guy has (apparently) managed to get into one of the stronger teams.
Good for him, fuck ZC. After the shambles I saw today against the Tigers I've never felt more deflated following this team. Taylor doesn't look bothered, Ervine is not a T20 player and the bowlers are absolutely, diabolically toothless. All the while there's talent back home who is getting overlooked.
I think I have heard you say words like ‘I’ve never felt so bad following this team’ at least 7 times over the last 5 years.

I’m NOT teasing you. Just trying to show you that after a few sleeps, and the realisation we were 2.5 key players down, and had players who never should have toured and hopefully won’t again, that it isn’t all that bad and there will be days to celebrate when things return to it’s relatively normal state.

In other words, keep your head up champion!
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Intella2

Post by Intella2 »

The younger brother Dane has been signed

Googly

Post by Googly »

Where and when did I say he’d never make it? I’ve done nothing but toot Dane Schardendorf’s horn, he’s excellent. I expressed some doubt he’d walk straight into a county contract.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Here’s about the most negative thing I’ve said about him, and that was over a year ago.

These ZC guys don’t like private school kids. They’re forced to pick them at age group and u19 because the rest are generally shit, but if you look at the franchise players you’ll find very few with a private school education. That’s not just because private school gives you more options, there’s genuine prejudice against “advantaged” guys, it may be getting slightly less now that there are so few decent cricketers out there. I don’t know if Jayden Shardendorff will be available, he’s ok, a bit one dimensional, but solid. His brother Dane, only 15 is a fantastic talent, perhaps the brightest talent over the last couple of years. He could do with toughening up mentally and hasn’t done as well as he should, but he’s the real deal. If someone mentored this kid he’d go far.
There’s Dion Myers (St George’s), also a prospect, but not finished school yet. The only other decent kids I’ve seen at high school level are Erasmus in Form 1, Bhawa, Welch jr, and Bennet in Form 2. Mitchell (grade 7). I’m talking batsmen here.