Breaking News : Ireland Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 Fixtures Changed From One Off Test & 5 Match T20Is To 3 Odis & 3 T20Is

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Breaking News : Ireland Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 Fixtures Changed From One Off Test & 5 Match T20Is To 3 Odis & 3 T20Is

Post by zimfan1 »

Would be surprised if the tour goes ahead anyway due to Coronavirus.

sloandog

Re: Breaking News : Ireland Tour Of Zimbabwe 2020 Fixtures Changed From One Off Test & 5 Match T20Is To 3 Odis & 3 T20Is

Post by sloandog »

zimfan1 wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:31 pm
Taylor can't keep, back is fucked. When has Burl ever opened? Klong needs an extended run at the top.
Yea he does need an extended run at the top I agree, I’m moving Chamu out of the openers spot and putting Burl there. You asked where I’d fit them in. Burl is perfectly good enough to open the batting

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Wait guys, if you are discussing Mashinge and Jongwe, why not Madziva? He's done more this season to warrant a selection than these two, surely?

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:19 am
Wait guys, if you are discussing Mashinge and Jongwe, why not Madziva? He's done more this season to warrant a selection than these two, surely?
Yea Madziva I wouldn't turn my nose up at seeing in the side. Brings a lot to the table, although I understand he has lost a significant amount of pace from his early years

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Yeah, hasn't been great with the ball, but very good with the bat. Still better show with the ball than Mashinge and Jongwe though. He should have already been there in Bangladesh.

Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Stoneman Returns »

This Series is the one which will decide turnaround in Zimbabwe Cricket.

After 3-0 in odis and 1-1 in T20s in Ireland Tour 2019, performances of Chatara, Moor and Burl were in question.Even Moor and Burl was dropped.Might be last chance for the non performers.

This Irish side is now changed after their bowling skills was put in question. New commers like J Little, Getkate, Young,Barry McCarthy, Adair has been good with senior pros like Dockrell, Murtagh and Rankin. Though Irish team might miss services of Adair, 140+ aggresive fast bowler and a quality lower order batsman.

Leg Spinning Allrounder opening batsman Gareth Delany,Harry Tector, and L Tucker showed that young batsman had some materials in them at this level against neck to neck fight series against Windies which they lost but their performance got lots of appreciation.
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:38 pm
If I see Regis, Maruma and Mutombodzi anywhere near a Zimbabwe squad for this home series I'll personally assassinate the selection panel
I'm here for this

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:19 am
How could I forget 😱😱😱😱
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

zimfan1 wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:47 pm
Would be surprised if the tour goes ahead anyway due to Coronavirus.
Yep. All but cancelled.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/spor ... 43769.html

Googly

Post by Googly »

It’s poor timing indeed. People will get bored of being quarantined soon enough. How does a country report accurately on the number of cases when there are no test kits? Zim in particular have a big problem. We don’t actually have a functioning health system and the government is hell bent on underplaying any disease issues as they’re afraid it will impact on how offshore investors perceive us. They’ll overplay drought and famine for freebies, but transmittable diseases have a huge stigma. With the number of Chinese going to and fro unimpeded, Zim must be on the verge of the biggest pandemic ever. We’re about to see exactly how deadly this virus actually is and how fast it spreads. Southern Africa has the highest HIV infection on the planet and TB is right up there as well and we will soon see how people with compromised immune systems cope. I know it’s currently being diagnosed as bronchitis here, and there’s a lot of people who have it.
I’m hopeful we’ll stop it in its tracks, we’ve outshagged Ebola and AIDS, this should be a walk in the park.
I would not be riding on a mini-bus right now. I know people don’t have much choice but 20 people in the confines of a commuter and one person with Corona sneezes and there’s a problem. Zimbabweans are going about their business with no change to their habits whatsoever, completely relying on the government to inform and help them, that will never change and this time around it might be very costly indeed.
Our main infectious diseases hospital has 40 beds.
We have no doctors and no nurses to speak of because the government wants them to work for $150 a month.
Our hospitals are places where you’d go to die, if you were stupid enough.
If I had a pharmaceutical import company I’d be rubbing my hands together right now, would just need access to some cash and I’d be getting mighty rich. I’m trying to think who has :lol: :lol: