Liam Roche NZ

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
rusty17
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Liam Roche NZ

Post by rusty17 »

Anyone else been following his progress? He plays for Karori Cricket Club which looks to be the highest level of Wellington grade cricket and is captain of their first grade. They love him, read all about it https://www.facebook.com/Karori-Cricket ... 870014908/

What it makes me wonder is how much does a zim cap mean. He got picked and has played international cricket but doesnt seem too keen to follow it. He had the chance and got into an FC side and obviously had someone telling the selectors to pick him. Seems like its not worth staying around no matter how high you can get.

Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Liam Roche NZ

Post by Stoneman Returns »

Except Taibu - Streak to a certain extent Campbell, no one really spoke about bringing back talented Zimbabwe kids or making a policy that could prevent migration. Hamilton Masakadza seems a board yes man, nothing expected from him.Zimbabwe at present is playing by the grace of ICC and Shasank Manohar, moment Manohar's tenure gets over, Zimbabwe struggle will begin, as the team is struggling to win games or catch spectators attraction, their game neither raises any sort of money which they used to do back in 90s with their performances and was a crowd pulling team. ZC's administration is getting crumbled and no means are there to improve the situation, whereas the game in middle east and now in asia pacific is getting popular as well as pulling lots of crowds.

Liam Roche was a quality player and his game will be differant once receives that kiwi jersey, he might get the kiwi national call sooner, as Kiwis doesnt have any quality off spinner in their folds.

An Africa Cup initiative based on african international teams can raise the game in africa like that happned in Asia and Bangladesh took lots of advantage from it that turned their game.
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I think someone said he will return one day once the old firm have retired, I guess there's only so many central contracts available so when BT and co retire there might be an influx of guys like Roche who will return?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

rusty17

Post by rusty17 »

Will be interesting. Just seems like by the time they are gone there might not be much for him to come back to. I don’t think he’ll play for NZ like stoneman said but is everyone aware of Devon Conway. He’s a Saffa whose eligible for them in September. He made 320 odd this year in a domestic game. Another huge loss for SA

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

rusty17 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:13 am
Will be interesting. Just seems like by the time they are gone there might not be much for him to come back to. I don’t think he’ll play for NZ like stoneman said but is everyone aware of Devon Conway. He’s a Saffa whose eligible for them in September. He made 320 odd this year in a domestic game. Another huge loss for SA
There is always the chance he could bide his time till he is eligible to play for NZ, whether or not he's good enough is a different story
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Stoneman Returns »

NZ Citizenship Rule
Attachments
Screenshot_2020-03-17-12-49-58_1.jpg
Screenshot_2020-03-17-12-49-58_1.jpg (59.95 KiB) Viewed 2979 times
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

Googly

Post by Googly »

If you attempted to create a policy that prevented cricketers trying their luck elsewhere they’d just give up cricket. :lol: Fact.
People are voting with their feet for good reason.

Googly

Post by Googly »

There are 46 guests online at the moment. That’s a recent record. I’m going to look outside the gate to see what’s going on! :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

https://www.facebook.com/JayShettyIW/vi ... /?vh=e&d=n

This should be compulsory for everybody. It would settle a few land debates :lol:

rusty17

Post by rusty17 »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:17 am
rusty17 wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:13 am
There is always the chance he could bide his time till he is eligible to play for NZ, whether or not he's good enough is a different story
I’d be picking him to open with Latham over Blundell as much as I like him. Then kane taylor Nicholls watling de grandhomme, blundell next man in.