Zim Board XI & Chairman XI picked

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Zim Board XI & Chairman XI picked

Post by Googly »

Kids want to go look see and experience the world.
ZC have relegated the players to amateur status and we only play cricket when they dip into petty cash for diesel for the broken mowers. There’s NO plan whatsoever.

Googly

Post by Googly »

And NO friends. They all leave.

Googly

Post by Googly »

That story of Dane Schardendorf signing for Notts is true, I was doubting that post because I would not have believed that possible.
He went he was seen and he conquered, probably the fastest signing by one of the youngest ever to be contracted. I hope this kid understands the unbelievable opportunity he’s got and grabs it with both hands.
He’s certainly the best ever number 8 batsman to have ever played in an U19 WC, he’s smashing records wherever he goes :lol:
I’m curious if there’s a cooling off period before he can turn out for them because of the U19 stuff.
Another winner from the ZC muppets.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Jayden or Dane? I know the older brother was playing for Nottingham 2’s last summer.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

IF he has a pommy passport already. Wouldn’t this just be a local signing based on good performances?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I wonder if that stumping that went viral has anything to do with it

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I thought the older brother had signed..

Googly

Post by Googly »

Dane, the younger brother, I think he’s just turned 17.
I’m not sure what’s happening with the older brother, Jayden? He had a few games for Notts Twos, but no stand out performances. He’s a decent player, bowls a bit as well, I’m no too sure what he’s up to. I assume he will scrounge around in Twos and look to put in some big performances this season.

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

Googly wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:37 am
Dane, the younger brother, I think he’s just turned 17.
I’m not sure what’s happening with the older brother, Jayden? He had a few games for Notts Twos, but no stand out performances. He’s a decent player, bowls a bit as well, I’m no too sure what he’s up to. I assume he will scrounge around in Twos and look to put in some big performances this season.
That's why need A Zimbabwe A squad Coached by a professional

Jeremy Ives
MUSAKANDA
MutumbanI. ( 12TH MAN)
Madhvere
Murray WK
Dane S
Dion Meyers
Milton Shumba
Mashinge
Mavuta
Chisoro ( CAPTAIN)
TSHUMA

kudet

Post by kudet »

https://www.theindependent.co.zw/2020/0 ... ricketers/
Harsh life lessons for Zim cricketers
Posted on March 29, 2020 by The Independent in Sport
ZIMBABWE international cricketer Timycen Maruma last week countered sexual assault allegations by telling a court through his lawyers that he in fact had consensual sex with his accuser, a 22-year-old Harare woman, adding that it was not possible for him to force himself on her since the two had been involved in some kind of love affair.

Sports Panorama with Enock Muchinjo

Assuming that Maruma is indeed being falsely accused after taking a closer look at the matter—and I mean no disregard here to the due process of law—the case should not waste so much of the court’s time.

Taking a further look, the young woman’s story does appear to have deep holes and missing evidence. The alleged offence happened on December 26 in Maruma’s car after a night out and only reported on February 5, while evidence provided to the court reveals a romantic relationship that turned sour.

If you also put into consideration that Maruma is 31, in the prime of his life, some adult delinquency in nightclub car-park could be seen as one of those things people of his age do in a moment of weakness.

But wait, there is actually a big problem here: Maruma is not just another 31-year-old enjoying life in the prime of his youth. He is a married father of one, which makes matters much more complicated than we thought.

So in trying to get out of trouble with the law, Maruma has caused potential marriage problems by admitting to an adulterous affair which could have a nasty turn if his accuser insists she was raped by the Zimbabwe all-rounder.

Worse, Maruma says his accuser—driven by malice—became “jealous” after seeing him “dropping off other girls.”

Other girls, not even his wife!

That the alleged sexual offence took place outside a popular night spot in Highfield, a township where Maruma is a local sporting hero because he comes from there, is also something of major concern because the famed Harare high-density suburb has produced many role models in this sport so the need for cricket to maintain a good name over there cannot be over-emphasised.

Maruma, though, is not the first Zimbabwean cricketer to make headlines for all the wrong reasons in more recent times.

The name that immediately comes to mind is of course Dumisani Mankunzini, the former lowly domestic cricketer from Zimbabwe who has gained notoriety within and beyond our borders for fraud-related activities that have attracted the interest of South Africa’s biggest news organisations.

Mankunzini operates at a much different level, though, and it is probably unfair to put others in the same bracket as his.

But it is no less worrying.

Tarisai Mukasanda, whose leadership qualities were once hailed by many so much that they tipped him to be a future Zimbabwe captain, was in January sacked by his Australian club, New City, after he was convicted of a drink-driving offence.

An older Zimbabwean cricketer who has played and coached in Australia for much longer told me that while he felt terribly sorry for his younger compatriot, he was shocked that even in naivety of young age, the 25-year-old Musakanda had gone behind the wheel whilst under the influence in, of all places New South Wales—an Australian state with zero-tolerance laws on drink-driving due to its very high road deaths statistics.

Lack of proper grooming for Zimbabwe’s cricketers? It certainly points to this.

Gifted batsman Musakanda—with his 15 ODIs, a single Test and six Twenty20 internationals—is the highest-profile player that the modest New South Wales club has ever signed. They were really chuffed to have the affable young Zimbabwean star over there.

But New City had to enforce a strict local government by-law and, regrettably, Musakanda paid the price for his unfortunate error of judgment.

Musakanda is young, talented and looks like he has both feet firmly on the ground. Well, if he curbs his wilder ways, of course.

Maruma is older and presumably much stronger mentally. Let the law take its course.

But at the end of it all, it should not be about Maruma alone, or Musakanda alone. It is an opportunity for some serious soul-searching by all our cricketers and their handlers, before “the gentleman’s game” acquires an unsavoury reputation in this country.