Corona

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: Corona

Post by Kriterion_BD »

eugene wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:57 am
Some common sense measures in China would have stopped this whole things. The Chinese practice of wet markets is what caused this thing, and the subsequent cover-up by the Chinese government allowed it to eventually become a pandemic. I am quite happy to lay this disaster at the feet of the Chinese.
China will do as China does. What I am criticising is Sinophobia and the tendency of one-way-only labeling. We don't refer to the material we write on as "Chinese paper" do we?

I don't think a Chinese cover up matters much, because when briefed about a potential pandemic by American advisors and intelligence officers in January/February, the US decided not to act until well into March. That aproximate 6 week delay happened after the Chinese cover up was leaked. We knew about it and still failed to act.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Googly

Post by Googly »

#chinamustpay

Googly

Post by Googly »

The only dealing I’ve ever had with a Chinese, apart from threatening my Chinese neighbors over their perpetual use of fireworks (my Neighbourhood is firework free!), was selling one of them a 100kva generator and of course he didn’t pay and tried to hide behind his political partner. They’ve got thin necks :lol: and his partner was not as high up the chain as mine :lol:
#Chinamustpay

Googly

Post by Googly »

And there’s now a dog market here, we have to lock our dogs up at night or they disappear. I guess they boil them alive? They’ve done our elephant, our rhino, our lion, our pangolin, the one guy was caught plugging the nests of the Carmine bee-eaters and then collecting their feathers for an order.
#chinamustpay

Googly

Post by Googly »

Zimbabwe just have to look to see what the Chinese have done to Mozambique to get a heads up.
They’ve absolutely plundered their forests and their ocean, raped it beyond repair. Every single last thing they pluck from these stupid people gets shipped directly back to China at a fraction of its true value. They do not build one thing, they bribe politicians, they’re untouchable, the insatiable appetite of these people and their African partners is beyond description. They have duty free allowances on their return leg and swamp our markets with cheap crap. Our minimum wage is about 50c a day and yet we can’t build one meaningful item that competes with anyone. The idiocy and greed of our leaders is beyond comprehension. When the recession kicks in and third world countries are on their knees China will mop up completely. Watch, they will finally emerge from the shadows, they lie low whilst they slowly spread their tentacles, in a year there will be no requirement to keep their heads down, they will walk amongst us, they will be voting soon, and it will be a meaningful block.
#chinamustpay

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:57 am
eugene wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:57 am
Some common sense measures in China would have stopped this whole things. The Chinese practice of wet markets is what caused this thing, and the subsequent cover-up by the Chinese government allowed it to eventually become a pandemic. I am quite happy to lay this disaster at the feet of the Chinese.
China will do as China does. What I am criticising is Sinophobia and the tendency of one-way-only labeling. We don't refer to the material we write on as "Chinese paper" do we?

I don't think a Chinese cover up matters much, because when briefed about a potential pandemic by American advisors and intelligence officers in January/February, the US decided not to act until well into March. That aproximate 6 week delay happened after the Chinese cover up was leaked. We knew about it and still failed to act.
US started limiting flights from China in January, at the same time they limited entry to foreigners who had been in China: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-chin ... SKBN1ZU25I

Joe Biden's response to that was, predictably, "xenophobia". I think it's pretty safe to say that any response Trump has had to this crisis is more fearless than what his friends across the aisle would have done.

The bottom line is no country is prepared to handle this because it's never happened in our lifetime.

One country which has acted quite well so far, albeit with the numbers still rising, has been Singapore. Their government has always prepared to go-it-alone (essentially, in case Malaysia ever cut them off and they had to be self-sufficient) and their immense attention to detail in terms of contact tracing etc has bought them precious time. They are a unique situation though, their populace is compliant and for the most part very trusting of their (admittedly very well run) government. In the western world we are too caught up on still going to the beach or having drinks with our mates... we are being selfish and not putting the wellbeing of society-at-large first.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

There’s a major degree of arrogance in the west, and it’s got to stop. The UK are imminently on lockdown

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

sloandog wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:06 pm
There’s a major degree of arrogance in the west, and it’s got to stop. The UK are imminently on lockdown
I agree. The Aussie attitude has been disgusting too.

On Sunday, a relatively hot day, after all the panic shit in the shops and warnings, Bondi beach was completely packed out, the pub across the road was also packed as were the cafes.

This prompted the Government to now shut things down because entitled idiots can't be trusted.

The government has been shit too.
Last week they allowed a cruise ship off with known infected corona cunts on board.

Schools aren't included in the shutdown and kids have been ordered to attend schools. Teachers, like my sister, are terrified and dont appreciate being reducted to babysitters.
Up to yesterday they are the only country that still had their premier sports on, the AFL, NRL and A League. Although AFL and NRL have since suspended the season. Both will lose 500 million though a game.

Back in January, we citizens told the leaders bluntly to close the borders, China infect us with their citizens daily, and Our island could easily have avoided it all nice and early with proactive measures.

Like the WHO have said, you need to be two steps in front and make swift extreme decisions and not worry if it's right.
Horse has bolted now. My mums 66 with diabetes. And they live in the epicentre of Sydney's outbreak.
My old high school was the first to have a corona breakout.
Streets away from my parents house and where all my homies live and grew up in, and my siblings for that matter.
Wouldn't be hard to figure out where that is for the Sydney peeps here.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Like the WHO have said, you need to be two steps in front and make swift extreme decisions and not worry if it's right.
The WHO haven't exactly covered themselves with glory either - for a long time they were peddling the line that closing down borders was unhelpful, when blind Freddy could figure out that was the only way you contain something like that.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:56 am

US started limiting flights from China in January, at the same time they limited entry to foreigners who had been in China: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-chin ... SKBN1ZU25I

Joe Biden's response to that was, predictably, "xenophobia". I think it's pretty safe to say that any response Trump has had to this crisis is more fearless than what his friends across the aisle would have done.
Precisely the risk of crying wolf all the time. This is the one instance where a temporary border control was warranted. Lesson hopefully learned.

The main thing is, this should have been taken seriously from January instead of March and not treated as a hoax for another 6 months. Yes, the stock market would have swan dived in January, but whats more important here, keeping the Dow Jones near 30K or trying to minimize the spread of the virus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)