Corona

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Corona

Post by sloandog »

My younger brother broke a blokes nose the other day.
He (my brother) was wearing a surgical mask and went shopping for the essentials for him and his Mrs, and some absolute prick in the store took his mask off, saying he was being over the top. He took it back off him and walked away but this guy followed him; he dropped him where he stood. Absolute bellends out there who aren't understanding how serious this is. China need a bomb dropping on them for passing this across, again! I apologise for the comment, and i don't mean it literally, but this isn't the first time a virus has originated from that part of the world. I visited China a year ago and couldn't believe the level of arrogance in that country

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:53 pm
brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:56 am

US started limiting flights from China in January, at the same time they limited entry to foreigners who had been in China: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-chin ... SKBN1ZU25I

Joe Biden's response to that was, predictably, "xenophobia". I think it's pretty safe to say that any response Trump has had to this crisis is more fearless than what his friends across the aisle would have done.
Precisely the risk of crying wolf all the time. This is the one instance where a temporary border control was warranted. Lesson hopefully learned.

The main thing is, this should have been taken seriously from January instead of March and not treated as a hoax for another 6 months. Yes, the stock market would have swan dived in January, but whats more important here, keeping the Dow Jones near 30K or trying to minimize the spread of the virus.
I don't think it has been a case of crying wolf at all. Trump's entire platform has been around taking back control of the borders and bringing manufacturing back to the USA - and hasn't he been entirely vindicated? He's been unequivocal about this since the day he came down the escalator.

This crisis has shown that border control and self-sufficiency are absolutely essential for a sovereign nation.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:50 pm
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:53 pm
Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:56 am

US started limiting flights from China in January, at the same time they limited entry to foreigners who had been in China: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-chin ... SKBN1ZU25I

Joe Biden's response to that was, predictably, "xenophobia". I think it's pretty safe to say that any response Trump has had to this crisis is more fearless than what his friends across the aisle would have done.
Precisely the risk of crying wolf all the time. This is the one instance where a temporary border control was warranted. Lesson hopefully learned.

The main thing is, this should have been taken seriously from January instead of March and not treated as a hoax for another 6 months. Yes, the stock market would have swan dived in January, but whats more important here, keeping the Dow Jones near 30K or trying to minimize the spread of the virus.
I don't think it has been a case of crying wolf at all. Trump's entire platform has been around taking back control of the borders and bringing manufacturing back to the USA - and hasn't he been entirely vindicated? He's been unequivocal about this since the day he came down the escalator.

This crisis has shown that border control and self-sufficiency are absolutely essential for a sovereign nation.
Post of the week.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

sloandog wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:45 pm
My younger brother broke a blokes nose the other day.
He (my brother) was wearing a surgical mask and went shopping for the essentials for him and his Mrs, and some absolute prick in the store took his mask off, saying he was being over the top. He took it back off him and walked away but this guy followed him; he dropped him where he stood. Absolute bellends out there who aren't understanding how serious this is. China need a bomb dropping on them for passing this across, again! I apologise for the comment, and i don't mean it literally, but this isn't the first time a virus has originated from that part of the world. I visited China a year ago and couldn't believe the level of arrogance in that country
I wouldn't mind if China got a bomb dropped on them for good, provided no other nation or environment was harmed in the process.
I have some respect for Hong Kong so don't want them to be affected.

Think of how much better the world would be.
Climate change fixed overnight.
Animals can sleep at night knowing they aren't boiled or skinned alive.
Quality of stuff in the shop goes up.
No more pandemics.
Crashes on the road would reduce by fifty percent.
Businesses will no longer get their ideas stolen.

They are fast running out of friends.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

China actually are running out of friends. They have a stigma with them now

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

In a globalized system we are all tied into each other for better or worse.

It still remains to be seen how much this pandemic sets the global economy back. But I would imagine it will be worse than anything since the 1930s depression. Might even beat that.

Military options against China are follies for the simple fact that there is no military option even for weak countries like North Korea or Iran who are several orders of magnitude weaker than China.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Googly

Post by Googly »

I fear for Africa, and particularly my country. When this Corona thing dies down First World countries will be so busy sorting their shit out for a few years that there’s not going to be a lot of spare cash around. Zimbabwe relies on loans, restructured loans, handouts etc just to get by. Sadly most of it is gobbled up by the elite and now there’s a lot less of that coming our way.
When all is done and dusted Africa will be far from anyone’s minds....except China!
Africa will be ripe for the plucking, and China is coming...like a yellow Father Christmas.
Zanu were cussing Chamisa for making a statement (nothing political either) about Corona but welcomed a statement by the Chinese Ambassador???
He’d may as well have been a Minister the way he was talking. They’ve got our politicians by their balls and the man on the street doesn’t seem to care. They were delighted to make all kinds of sacrifices to fight the white man who came here to settle and build and make lives for themselves, but turn a blind eye to to the yellow man who has come to rape and pillage?
From the day the white man was chased out not one further meaningful brick has been put on top of another. It’s been 40 years and the country has gone backwards. The Chinese have been here ten years and they’ve absolutely plundered our resources and we have nothing to show for it. They don’t even want to create a sweat shop here when labour is 50c a day. That tells you all you need to know about these MF’s.
The reaction to Corona doesn’t make sense, handing our Country over to an avaricious evil race from the other side of the world who need another continent to colonize makes even less sense.

Googly

Post by Googly »

We’re not all tied to each other, Kriterion. That global village crap is why we’re in this position. If China disappeared the World would be a better place.
If these countries stopped propping places like Zim up by buying lying thieving incompetent politicians they’d have to actually govern their countries and we’d all be better off. I’ve pondered this long and hard- why Africa is in such a mess. Every politician on the planet is corrupt, every single one lies, steals and cheats, they all practice nepotism, their version of tribalism etc but where Africa is special is that almost all are completely incompetent. They don’t know how to build and fix, they don’t even know where to start. They can’t milk the cow, they can only eat it.

Googly

Post by Googly »

https://m.health24.com/Medical/Infectio ... 20200323-2

We’re not even good enough to make the grade as human guinea pigs because our government is not competent enough to participate in the trial. They can’t run or organize anything and everyone knows it. We’re China boys.

Googly

Post by Googly »

The first mutterings are starting about the over-reaction to this disease in the West. We’re doing our best in Africa to try and copy them for reasons unknown, but we don’t have the toys to do it. They all accept that 80% will contract it eventually but they don’t want to overload their massive health systems. We don’t have anything that remotely resembles one. We don’t even have stretchers in our ambulances ffs, the ambulance guys just pick you up and throw you in the back, or they watch you crawl in half dead under your own steam. Watch the videos.
We have some good stuff that caters for about 2% of the population. What are they hoping to achieve by dragging this out? They’re pretending there are two cases so far :lol: when the Chinese have been visiting their new colony unhindered and unimpeded for years.
We’re the village kid making a football from scrunched up plastic bags tied with string and hoping someone sees us and takes pity and gives us a $2 Chinese football.