Bangladesh tour Ratings

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Bangladesh tour Ratings

Post by Stoneman Returns »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:13 am
Black Mamba wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:03 am

What dumbness lies in ur head, clearly indicates in your comparision. Simply no knowledge in the game, brain is packed with dungs. Who Cares Your fucking brain, dumb ass.. Soon waiting for Sean Williams is like Shakib Al Hasan
Stoneman Returns wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:06 am

Hey stupid brain, with shit knowledge of the game.Chigumbura is like Andrew Flintoff or Shane Watson and Tiripano is like Andre Russell.
What do you know same response again :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I really enjoyed a couple of these responses :lol:

A few personal favourites if I may

"Who cares your fucking brain" - No idea what he's on about but funny none the less 1/10

"Hey stupid brain" - This mad me feel good reminded me of my first words I ever spoke when I was 2 :lol: :lol: :lol: 0/10
You are mentally retarded Mr. Rateman... 1/10, 0/10 are your fucking business rolls around after end of a series. In this series 5 is going around alot so will rate you 5/10 but that comparision of Raza with Mooen can make you earn even 100/10 :D
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

rusty17 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:37 am
It was a lean tour but at least jaybro is attempting to find some shining lights.
How is 3-69 at 2 an over not an impressive debut by the way. Rubbish as usual, waste of a read.
There is nothing to find shining lights from these experienced unperformed players. Except Madhevere, none of the young talent shown wheather they have anything in them.Infact Madevere is the only player in this tour who looked positive whenever he batted or got chance to ball and had some will to perform for Zimbabwe, rest all were horrible.

Finding positives with average ratings from Tiripano, Mpofu, Maruma,Chakabva is nothing but doing harsh on domestic performers who are not getting picked for non cricketing reasons.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

'Hey Stupid brain'.
Fuck me I haven't heard that insult since mark said it to me after I stole His pink panther stuffed toy in playgroup, when we were both 4 years old.

Stoneman, you can disagree without attacking with pre school remarks. I can tell you were waiting for this moment.
Jaybro has put effort into this when there's not a lot on so you can carry yourself a bit more highly here.

@BRMTadmin you really need to do something here.
If you don't want to ban him, at least close the mamba and Robot account so he is at least posting from ONE account.
I carefully chose Stoneman as the one to leave open as if you remember this guys previous accounts, it all started with the old STONEMAN account, so the path can be traced back easily.
Last edited by ZIMDOGGY on Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

After Rateman his pet strikes now as a cover :D

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

From the archives...
Don't Feed the Trolls.
- maehara, 2017

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Just need a level headed mod or potential mod that shows Democracy and leadership (like tha Doggy) to return order.

Corona got us all bat crazy, and the dude fromSplit (Stoneman, Robot and Mamba) has been the most affected.
Attachments
DEF1FC3F-4A7A-4F42-BF32-3ED061B4C724.jpeg
DEF1FC3F-4A7A-4F42-BF32-3ED061B4C724.jpeg (64.48 KiB) Viewed 2855 times
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Jaybro, just to reinterate a point. I noticed that Prince and Taylor got siginficantly different ratings (5 vs 2) yet their statistical peroformances were comparable: 1 fifty + a bunch of failures.

I am not disagreeing with the theory that Taylor should get a lower mark because more is expected of him than Prince. I agree I would probably have given Prince a 3 or a 4, but Taylor would certainly get nothing higher than a 2.

My reasoning for rating Tamim higher than Mithun follows an opposite rationale: Tamim's quality is known as he's scored runs in most conditions against good attacks. Mithun hasn't. Therefore, I'll give Tamim some leeway.

Both kind of prove that within a single series, its definitely warranted to give 2 players different ratings for similar numerical performances.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:34 pm
Jaybro, just to reinterate a point. I noticed that Prince and Taylor got siginficantly different ratings (5 vs 2) yet their statistical peroformances were comparable: 1 fifty + a bunch of failures.

I am not disagreeing with the theory that Taylor should get a lower mark because more is expected of him than Prince. I agree I would probably have given Prince a 3 or a 4, but Taylor would certainly get nothing higher than a 2.

My reasoning for rating Tamim higher than Mithun follows an opposite rationale: Tamim's quality is known as he's scored runs in most conditions against good attacks. Mithun hasn't. Therefore, I'll give Tamim some leeway.

Both kind of prove that within a single series, its definitely warranted to give 2 players different ratings for similar numerical performances.
I think you're getting mixed up; Prince only played the Test match so he got one good score and one failure, I did take into consideration that his innings had a fair bit of luck, but in the end of the day he got the 2nd highest score of any Zimbo.

On the point of taking into consideration the player and their career to date; this only has a very small bearing on my ratings. A player comes into the game with certain expectations but in the end of the day the rating is purely on their performance in the said matches.

An example would be if Tamim and Mithun both scored 100 in the match you could possibly give Mithun a higher rating because less was expected of him so it would be a bigger achievement for him. Vice versa if they both failed you could rate Tamim lower because more is expected, but generally this would account for less than 1 whole point in the overall rating. The telling aspects I look for is the numbers the player puts up, the manner in which they did so and then other variables as in opposition, pitch, conditions etc
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Yeah, agree with jaybro. A 50+ in two digs vs a 50+ score in 8 should make a big difference for sure.

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:12 pm
Just need a level headed mod or potential mod that shows Democracy and leadership (like tha Doggy) to return order.

Corona got us all bat crazy, and the dude fromSplit (Stoneman, Robot and Mamba) has been the most affected.
And the doggy who doesnt have any brain, has been hammered by Ebola