Corona

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Corona

Post by Googly »

Under cover of the Covid crisis and the lockdown the Supreme Court rules that Chamisa is not the legitimate leader of MDC. Let’s see if Chamisa prays his way out of this or the people react. We’re lead by truly evil people.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Chamisa has two alternatives- start a new party or maybe his followers will make noise. This is a very strategic, well timed move by Zanu. There’s some issue about Kupe, the new leader, demanding money from MDC that will effectively hamstring them further, I haven’t been following closely, but she’s a plant and it’s part of a plan.
There’s so much infighting amongst all these political parties, the closer they get to the trough, the more bitter it becomes. There’s no hope here. The Chinese have renovated our main infectious diseases hospital, it’s taken a mere three weeks and everyone is ever so grateful. Why couldn’t our government do that?
These Chinese must look at each other every day and wonder how people can be this stupid, malleable and greedy. They are about to emerge from the shadows, trust me about this. Zanu are so unpopular and broke that they cannot possibly hang on against universal dislike without really getting into bed with these guys, they are already, but as I said they’re about to step out.

https://www.sundaynews.co.zw/zimbabwe-h ... ssion=true

This is an interesting article. It looks like there might be annual off season interest from a few counties, which is about the only good news we’re going to get for a while.
I’d guess one of the primary motivations will be the cost in Pounds and as he said, the weather. If they take a week off and visit Vic Falls and do a houseboat trip they’ll come forever. This is God’s county run by the devil. They’re not going to get much opposition but we don’t care, any quality cricket will be gratefully received.
It’s just great news for us.
It gives Campbell and Houghton some leverage here which ZC won’t be wild about and they’ll do their best to dilute that. If the counties can bring some kit they can sell in their shops and get a holiday out if it with free booze and some spending money it should keep them quiet. :lol: They’re absolutely understandably neurotic about being in complete control lest they be shown up for the absolute shower that they are for the 100th time in a row.

Googly

Post by Googly »

This is interesting. The Spanish flu of 1918 and how it affected us here. Prior to it we’d just experienced a scarlet fever epidemic. We’ve been very lucky living in a time where the world had largely gotten on top of a variety of horrible diseases, I guess that time is up.

https://www.theanchor.co.zw/2020/03/30/ ... a-in-1918/

Googly

Post by Googly »

It’s worth following Hopewell Chin’ono on FB and Twitter. He’s the bravest of activists and I salute the guy daily.
It’s about the 5th post down on his FB today- check out the pictures and post of our main Hospital in Zimbabwe- Paririnyetwa Hospital-Ward A1 no less. It used to be called the Andrew Fleming Hospital. It’s hard to fathom this preoccupation with name changes. You take something that you had nothing to do with the creation of, you rename it after yourself as if it was your baby and then destroy it completely and remind the world who was responsible, doesn’t make sense to me. Go take a look and see if you think flattening the curve is the solution here :lol:
They’ve pretty much given up on the lockdown here, it’s business as usual for the black guys in high density but the lockdown remains in place in the low density areas as a charade for the WHO, UN and whoever else will listen to the groveling pleading beggars being sent to obtain money that won’t go anywhere near a medical problem. Not having a 2020 VX 200 series is considered a medical problem :x
If you offered someone here the opportunity to have a sewage treatment plant named after them they’d pay you for the honor.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I hope this gets out to my black countrymen.
Article written by Serlom Branttie

The biggest conspiracy against the growth and dominance of Africa and Africans is not the work of Bill Gates, Monsanto, 5G, the Coronavirus or imperialists or colonialists. It is not Donald Trump.

It is not China, it is not Boris Johnson or Queen Elizabeth. It is not a right wing conspiracy, or a left wing conspiracy, neither is it a grand plan of Israel or even the Middle East.

Africa's biggest problem is its leadership.

No world leader, or richest man in the world will suffer through vaccines or killing many of his own people or use electromagnetic waves to kill us. And let me tell you why:

1. In 2018 alone, about 230,000 brand new Toyota Land Cruiser 80 (2018 models) were sold in Africa.

Lets assume that private sector and NGOs bought 50% of those ( a very conservative estimate), then it means the other half were bought by African governments.

This means that at a very very generous base price of $60,000, $690 Million was spent IN SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA ALONE for governmental bodies and officials to buy JUST TOYOTA LAND CRUISERS!
(Sales Data Source: Toyota Global Website)

2. The WHO Global Health Expenditure database puts General Government Expenditure for health for Sub-Saharan Africa at US$361.777 Million US Dollars for 2017.

If we even made the figure $362 Million, it means that we spent averagely 52% of what we were willing to spend on Land Cruisers than on health of our own citizens.

This is just cost of acquisition, not maintenance.

3. In 2016, Africa accounted for 1.1% (US$22.3 billion) of global investments in R&D.

Globally, pharmaceutical companies are among the top investors in R&D in the health science sector, but this is not the case in Africa.

4. Africa has 15% of the world's population and 25% of the world's disease burden, but only 1% of the world's research and development budget is spent in the whole of Africa. Even that, it comes from external resources. Africa, a continent of about 1 billion people, holds only 0.1% of the world's patents.

Only 198 researchers per million people. Yet even then, remember that our R&D expenditure is mostly sourced from abroad.

If you think I'm lying, the 2 main centers for Corona testing are funded by Germany and Japan!

5. Illicit financial losses from corruption and embezzlement alone amount to some $50 Billion annually. Guess where it goes to? The WEST!

When you are flying abroad, who usually sits in business class and sleeps and wines and dines in the finest hotels in Europe and America?

Is it the African immigrant hustler or the politician and his cronies?

Who do you see when you go to the Palms in Dubai or Abu Dhabi?

Or in Monaco or on the Champs D'Elysses?
How many politicians don’t own $1 million houses in various estates sprinkled across different continents?

6. In such a situation, do you think that all someone cares about is to try and destroy us with a virus?

We have already systematically weakened our systems.
We have very little industrial capacity, we have sold whatever is remaining in Africa to Chinese, we only contribute to 2% of the worlds manufacturing.

Our leaders pride themselves in dashing us bicycles, t-shirts and bags of imported rice.

Do you think anyone worth their time needs to employ sophisticated methods which will endanger their own people to destroy us when we are doing such a nice job of it ourselves?

THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For every day that we live, our compromised healthcare systems and the egos of our leaders are going to sink us further.

We have no capacity to produce ANYTHING that will help us.
We dont even have the research labs to provide us with research against the virus.

Yet we have an 89% (Ghana) and over 80% (Christian SSA countries) where "men of God" are opinion leaders spewing all sorts of controversies because we have been wired to believe in miracles more than science.

Sub-saharan Africa contributes averagely only .05% of the world's mathematics PhD holders. Wanna juxtapose that with PhD holders in say Theology? Be my guest! 🙂

Hey wait, Ghana still plans to source from churches $100 million to build a cathedral with a Bible Museum, hoping that it will be a tourist attraction.

But nobody remembers the last time it bothered to refurbish its museum of science and technology, which has at its entrance a steam tractor from the early 20th century and an old Gatlin Gun.

We keep crying about drug testing on poor Africans, but how many virologists do we have, and how many virus institutes do we have to deal with the over 25% disease burden that we have?

Or have our spiritual leaders in the shrines, mosques and churches suddenly become disease spread experts?

What is the ratio of doctors to a patient, or nurses to a patient, or medical labs to patients in Sub-Saharan Africa?

At this stage, we dont need Bill Gates to wipe us off the earth. We are doing so alone with our incompetence.

We have not even began fingering the Chinese who are forcing governments to mortgage their mines and in Ghana our Rivers for alluvial gold and bauxite reserves for roads that will last all of 10 years.

If you think Coronavirus, digital medical records, vaccine trials and 5G Networks are designed to destroy Africans for the monopoly of some old computer scientist living in Oregon or Washington State in the US to benefit, then you probably should save us all and succumb to the virus as you dont belong in the 21st century anyway.

I know its harsh, but thats the truth. There is no conspiracy against us. We are the captains of our own fate.

This article was written by Serlom Branttie
He is a technology entrepreneur and Strategy Director of mPedigree, a tech company that pioneered the use of text messages to detect counterfeit medicines and products.

mPedigree is listed as one of the most innovative companies in Africa by Fast Company.

He is also the Vice President of IMANI Africa, a policy and governance Think Tank and an Aspen Fellow.

He is based in Ghana.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

China is apparently experiencing a second wave of coronavirus after reopening the country. The world will need to be shut down for many months together and can only open up at the same time otherwise we will just keep re-infecting cleared areas unless we a) are able to develop immunity and/or b) have a vaccine.

Meanwhile here in America, a lot of people on the political right want to open the country up yesterday, even as our death rates keep climbing.

I don't think I can make it 6 months without cricket resuming...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I have bad news for you all, most of us are going to get COVID-19. Lockdowns are not an effective long-term strategy and at some point things need to be re-opened and the world proceed mostly as normal. People will die, that is undisputed, but the toll of a long-term lockdown is not one worth paying. A vaccine is a long time off and may never come at all, sitting at home until a vaccine is not an option.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

eugene wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:44 pm
I have bad news for you all, most of us are going to get COVID-19. Lockdowns are not an effective long-term strategy and at some point things need to be re-opened and the world proceed mostly as normal. People will die, that is undisputed, but the toll of a long-term lockdown is not one worth paying. A vaccine is a long time off and may never come at all, sitting at home until a vaccine is not an option.
In Oz and NZ, the good news is Corona is almost squashed, only about 59 new cases a day in Oz. Nz, about half.

Then what? What happens next? We would have to keep the borders secured to keep people out or force quarantines. Countries like India have it now, that's a country where 800 cunts pack into a 100 person train and people shit in the street and wipe it with their left hand. That's going to spread like wildfire there if it hasn't as yet.

And then Eugene and Kriterioms country the USA, 550k cases, probably about 350k new ones this week.
What is the endgame here?
Get rid of it?
It feels like it's too far gone. So what's the point in delaying it. Just open up and exercise extreme hygiene caution.

I'm not against lockdowns, just wondering what that end game is.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Parts of the USA have likely already experienced the peak of the pandemic. I am thinking by the end of May we should be able to reopen gradually, with maybe at-risk people still quarantining themselves somewhat.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well you won’t be allowed to travel unless you can provide your Covid Certificate either proving you’ve been vaccinated or that you’ve tested positive and recovered. Very soon we will all be chipped and the conspiracy theories are all looking more like reality every day.
What I’m fuckin loving is the Chinese are kicking out the blacks from China!!! They’ve always looked down on blacks and I’m begging the African leaders to return the favor in Africa. Kick these evil people out of our continent forever. We don’t want them here, not one. Be like Idi Amin Dada and give these dog chompers 24 hours to get the fuck out and never return. We don’t want one thing from China, and we must give them nothing, and boot their rapacious fishing fleets out of the Indian and Atlantic Oceans, if they get hungry they must eat each other.