Muyeye

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Muyeye

Post by jaybro »

I think it would be a shame to see Muyeye scoring hundreds for England whilst we’re still hearing how good Maruma apparently is lol

We’ve seen so many young black batters thrust into the side before their ready or despite not being good enough; it would suck to see a real good one playing for England.

Obviously the blow wouldn’t be as bad if Wes, Milton & Dion kick on like we’re hoping; but still it would be annoying.

As the Dogg has said; all we can do is hope his career flattens out so England lose interest and he’s left with no other choice but to come back, the hopefully he gets good again.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

That's the most frustrating thing.
Even if we produced a superstar 50+ average test bat, who's patriotic and goes to sleep with a photo of Croc, we would still lose him for no other reason than another country will throw figures at him of nearly a million more.

We can only hope for players who are good but not quite good enough to become elite. Ervine, Raza, Williams type players.

In a good setup, they should be our weakest batsmen, but we are capped and can only hope for another one of them. Someone who's good internationally but in no demand.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

The game of cricket needs to fundamentally change. Why do we continue with this antiquated system of players having to play domestically in the country they represent? Why couldn't Muyeye play County Cricket and still represent Zimbabwe? Every other sport has figured this out, why can't cricket?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

It's usually from the countries themselves.
In cricket, first class is usually to promote English players in England, Aussie players in Oz, and so forth. Not so much about winning games.
County are pretty liberal in the way they do tend to get imports. But you don't see it elsewhere.

Other sports and T20 operate more of a club freelance style.

The kolpak thing will help. That was a huge killer.

If the English system ditched the England first mantra, all the Sheffield shield players will play in the off season, and the Indians etc. will be very hard for locals to get a look in.

It'll improve in the next few years. But only by a little. Sean Ervine situations will be avoided.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

eugene

Post by eugene »

Clubs could still have an overseas quota though. It doesn't have to be an all-or-nothing scenario.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Is the issue with Muyeye he’d rather play for England over Zimbabwe or that he’d rather play county cricket than play for Zimbabwe?

Interesting to see if he was given the chance to play county cricket and still play for Zimbabwe what would he do?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

Yes now you’ve nailed it. The good guys want to play tough first class cricket to make themselves the best they can be.
Secondly they want to be paid for that and they want a salary that that they can live off, put a deposit on a house, raise a family and live normal lives, not unrealistic expectations. Here you become the indentured slaves of thieving cockroaches that need to hang onto power and steal as much as they can because they themselves are unemployable.
I’d say first prize for the likes of Muyeye, Byrom, Welch etc is an England Central contract because that’s retirement stuff, and it’s also long shot territory,but a very close second is international cricket of any description if they have the security of knowing that they don’t have to give up County cricket if they’ve managed to establish themselves I’ll guarantee they’d love to play for Zim, it’s not a big commitment either, maybe two games a year which they won’t get paid for coz the cockroaches would have gotten there first, but at least some T20 leagues can take a look.

Googly

Post by Googly »

This $4million loss that ZC have engineered for us is never coming back, take poison on that. There’s going to be a pre-Corona cricketing world and a post-Corona and Zimbabwe is going to take a pasting from it. I suspect further cuts!! Soon ZC are going to expect players to actually pay to play!! Look I know they have to already, but they get given some first and then have to return some of it under the table, but now they might just be asked to pay :lol:
ICC rely on funds generated from the Big Three and they’re not going to have any income this year plus the big nations are going to now want more of a say on how the much smaller revenues get dispersed, they’re not going to suffer for the greater good of the minnows, believe me that Zimbabwe is the absolute last thought in anyone’s mind. Our players had one chance and they blew it to save Mukhu’s Big Pharma Co and the Mazarabani Centre of Excellence :lol: because they’re terrified of someone running things well. People need an excuse for failure here, it’s part of the DNA.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’ve just listened to Dean Du Plessis’s talk with Muyeye.
There was a lot of ducking and diving there. :lol:
Time spent on a student visa does not count towards naturalization so I’m not sure why he’d be contemplating going to university? That would imply he’s putting cricket on hold whilst he gets a degree and I find that hard to believe. You can’t take three years out and expect to catch up. Under current regs he can’t even play County Two’s. They’re either incredibly naive or there’s a plan afoot. This is the position Evans found himself in and ECB told Sussex they’d be in trouble if they kept picking him and he went through some years of toil for not a lot of reward. Let’s see how equal everybody is. We’re about to see black privilege first hand....again! :lol:

eugene

Post by eugene »

We just need to open the game up. Let all the good players go to England, India, or Australia to play domestically. I don't really care, as long as they can still play internationally.