Muyeye

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Muyeye

Post by eugene »

Why can't everyone be like Americans?!
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Googly

Post by Googly »

:lol:

kudet
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by kudet »

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

At least the door isn’t completely closed on this kid.
He’s clearly got the goods and of what I’ve seen looks to be a fantastic stroke maker. He’s still very young too so fingers crossed

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Well firstly we now know they didn't turn him down for the world cup. They in fact asked him to captain. Meaning he is probably better than all the kids we saw. Secondly who are all these faster bowlers in Zimbabwe he is talking about? Finally if my memory serves me right any university time is not counted for citizenship so the chances of him playing for England in a post corona world are slim unless they change the rules.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

TapsC2 wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 8:42 pm
Well firstly we now know they didn't turn him down for the world cup. They in fact asked him to captain. Meaning he is probably better than all the kids we saw. Secondly who are all these faster bowlers in Zimbabwe he is talking about? Finally if my memory serves me right any university time is not counted for citizenship so the chances of him playing for England in a post corona world are slim unless they change the rules.
You're one negro that ALWAYS talks a lot of sense!
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

TapsC2 wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 8:42 pm
Seems odd he got overlooked for the 2018 WC though

God I hope he plays for Zimbabwe
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’m fairly sure he was initially approached and said no, then there was some panic from his camp after some ECB rule changes and he made overtures and was told his services were not required, then he was approached at a later stage and claimed he needed to focus on school.
I know there was much to and fro.
Without ECB somehow changing the rules for him (very possible), he will end up here playing once a year against Oman and Swaziland.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Googly wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 8:32 am
I’m fairly sure he was initially approached and said no, then there was some panic from his camp after some ECB rule changes and he made overtures and was told his services were not required, then he was approached at a later stage and claimed he needed to focus on school.
I know there was much to and fro.
Without ECB somehow changing the rules for him (very possible), he will end up here playing once a year against Oman and Swaziland.
If It were me I would have laid it in him like a sledgehammer to come back. Made it happen no matter what. You'll be surprised what you can do if you really want something and someone and push the case.

I have a feeling that ZC did the right thing in terms of seeing him as a talented ex pat, but not in reality as they should have seen him like a megastar expat.

They acted as if he is Luke Oldknow but not this black Bradman we are hearing about.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Hadn't thought about Luke Oldknow. He must have been in a similar situation to Muyeye and he made a lot of effort to get into the team. I think he even played an A game about a year ago.

In the end if he really wanted to play for England the u19 World Cup would have been the perfect place to show he has what it takes. I think his camp made a mistake there. Had he not won that award he would have 100% had no option but to play for Zim. For now it's 50/50 because he now has to light up the county scene almost immediately for them to change the rules. they are not going to make an effort for a 23 year old Uni graduate because by 2024 there will be another special talent out there and 3 other award winners.