Lalchand Rajput

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Mueddie28

Re: Lalchand Rajput

Post by Mueddie28 »

jaybro wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:37 pm
Jemisi wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:58 am
Hick has just been released
Now that would be a good story, full circle
Why can't ZC make good by hiring Hicks as the Batting coach....Takeover after the contract of the current coach is over...

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

According to the new the Indian coach is coming back to national which was already looking or debating for his replacement....
ZC is too cheap to fire him & too broke to get a better coach...
Hami is using his influence, giving favors to his boys...
Everyone thought Chigumbura & Chibhabha had gone into retirement....

Only time will tell...

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

For some reason, both outcomes feel like bad news.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I dont mind Rajput, he's a neutral for me in th sscales of good and bad coaches we have had.

However i get the feeling he's only here until something better pops up. Got one eye on the job boards at all times. Probably sends his agent a weekly text with 'what you have for me?'.

I just feel it.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:00 am
I dont mind Rajput, he's a neutral for me in th sscales of good and bad coaches we have had.

However i get the feeling he's only here until something better pops up. Got one eye on the job boards at all times. Probably sends his agent a weekly text with 'what you have for me?'.

I just feel it.
Yeah true
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

Its time for Zimbabwe to search for new blood & beg Zimbabwe born foreign based players examples
Ben Curran , Ed Bryom& Murray Goodwin's son...

kudet

Post by kudet »

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

So many things wrong with his ideas.

He compares us to Australia. For one, Australia did go through a patch after the likes of Mcgrath, Ponting, Warne, Gilchrist et al all left, but they were never far from the top.They had already blooded some youngsters to come through and had the likes of Clarke, Hussey, Johnson, Siddle, Hughes, Watson et al all playing for them. They were never a terrible side. They had a board that still paid their players, had a domestic competition, invested in infrastructure and development. Could afford to host series....the whole lot basically. Australia may have had a short period of transition but it was not long before they were winning World Cups again. We can barely qualify for the WC. So to compare the two is a far cry.

He also suggests that it is just a short period, when the reality is that 16 years is not a short period. It is a consistent mess. People like Taylor have played their whole careers with this mob and if they had a board that actually looked out for the players, who knows what he could have achieved in his career. He would have been able to play along side some quality players and develop his game better. The same can be said for some others like Cremer, Hammy, Elton.

To me, this just affirms that Rajput is not the man we need to coach the side and his views of things are outdated.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

It has dawned on me how long I have been tolerating crap from Zimbabwe cricket. I had a great time following the successes of 1992-2003. Since then we have had 17 years of steady decline. I have had many more years of the bad times than the good.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes