Hami the sacrifical lamb

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Mueddie28

Hami the sacrifical lamb

Post by Mueddie28 »

Hami the sacrifical lamb for ZC
I believe a year from now if Zimbabwe is not getting results everything will be blamed on Hamilton Masakadza...
Unlike Taibu & Streak , Hami doesn't have connections with the outside world....
Foreign based players either do respect him...Or don't see the reason to play in domestic league if they know they are good enough....
Selection will be judged and scrutinized in the next 9 months...

gargamel
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Hami the sacrifical lamb

Post by gargamel »

Im not a fan of Hamilton. But i believe in giving him the best chance and before we pull out the hang mans noose lets put this into the light of the truth. Hamilton has his work cut things he has to deal with

1.COVID 19 -Possibly No Incoming or Out going Tours till next year - I believe he is has the best knowledge on dealing with issues around the National team and correcting things he experienced as a player. (unlike others we now have someone not too old or out dated, someone who has suffered from being forgotten to a guy who came through a good system to score a century on debut i think he knows what has to be done)

2. Rebuilding the National Side- I stand to be corrected our best crop post Rebel Era will hang up their bats in the next few years and he has a huge task of setting a clear plan that has buy in from the current experienced guys to help bring through our best talent.Its a difficult task to ask a guy in his prime to make way for someone that will replace him after the next world cup/ qualifier campaign but it has to be done. Another huge battle is how does he scout , lure and retain Zimbabwean foreign legion to come home to compete in our structures for national selection policy.

3.Rebuilding national structures - Hami will need to find the budget , the resources , the partnerships and person to get schools , club , under 19 and Provincial setup - He needs to create the clear pipeline from schools, to Club and under 19 to provincial with clear transparent selection but more importantly performance related incentives and player development .

In his faour

1. ZC is nearly debt free
2. A decent under 19 crop to set the base of the 2024 team
3. And flip we are Zimbos we can see through anything.
Rainbow Cricket Club First and Always

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

The Croatian said he would build his team around players who are plying their trade in Europe including Musona whom he described as a big player for Zimbabwe.
Unlike Hami cricket players have to play in a suspended domestic league. ...for Zimbabwe Cricket...
Ridiculous

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

The amount of talent world wide who could, theoretically, represent Zimbabwe is just ridiculous. There's no point going over all the names but Welch, Muyeye and Byrom are the big three, with Muzarabani and Lake coming to mind. The fact they need to come and play in the none existent FC system makes me cringe. We are not England, nor Australia or India, who have the luxury of calling on numerous players who can do a job in international cricket.

By the way, this forums best days are well and truly behind it. Hope everyone is safe during this pandemic

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

Mueddie28 wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:46 pm
The Croatian said he would build his team around players who are plying their trade in Europe including Musona whom he described as a big player for Zimbabwe.
Unlike Hami cricket players have to play in a suspended domestic league. ...for Zimbabwe Cricket...
Ridiculous

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:12 pm
By the way, this forums best days are well and truly behind it. Hope everyone is safe during this pandemic
I can hardly be bothered with the forum anymore, sadly, but I agree with you 1000000%, if only we could have the old forum back again

As for this pointless thread, whoever got the job, black, white, disabled or trans will be the dog that gets the kicking, it goes with the job, it doesn't mean a bloody thing

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

In the forums defence, a severe lack of cricket has given rise (and has in the past) to pointless mueddie threads like this, endless fake drafts and political arguments, and mods that are never here and refuse to enforce threads to be in the proper forum or do things about these users with low effort content, and refuse offers of help or to add moderators despite losing interest in all things ZC themselves.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:16 pm
In the forums defence, a severe lack of cricket has given rise (and has in the past) to pointless mueddie threads like this, endless fake drafts and political arguments, and mods that are never here and refuse to enforce threads to be in the proper forum or do things about these users with low effort content, and refuse offers of help or to add moderators despite losing interest in all things ZC themselves.
U welcome Zim-imbwa

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:12 pm

All good this side. Hope you're all good in the UK. Things still looking a bit off there.

As for the forum, really hard when there is no cricket at all and social media does not engage in anything. Would have been a perfect opportunity for them to be uploading great moments in the past and history like every other team has been doing, although they probably don't think anything before 04 ever happened, so we'd just get the Utseya six to beat Aus on repeat.

I still visit the forum daily to see what's going on, but lately it just seems to be Mueddies journal.