National Premier League 2020 ( NPL )

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC2

Re: NPL Fixtures 7th October

Post by TapsC2 »

Another score for Musakanda. Head and shoulders above the rest

L.S

Post by L.S »

Interesting day today. I’m doing a bit of PR for the Harare Kings so I’ll be at most matches. Got the chance to chat to a few of the players too.

Takeaways from the game vs Midwest.

Again, batters tossed it off. Prince Masvaure looked good as well as Jon Campbell but the rest looked to belt it prematurely and paid the price against a decent attack. Kings made 167.

Another slow track at OH but the bowlers looked to make a fist of it for a bit.

Brad Evans - I like this kid. He has confidence and is bowling quite quickly. He needs a bit more control with his extras but I reckon he’s one to watch. He bowled average today, but always looks dangerous. He has a smooth whippy action and is a pleasure to watch.

Brandon Diplock - This guy bowled well. He was the only one to make Tarisai Musakanda look like an absolute bunny. Should’ve had him for a duck two balls in a row LBW and there was a huge delay after the umpire was getting abuse from all ends of the ground. He dropped his head after another dropped catch off his bowling and that wasn’t too great to see.

Patrick Mambo - A lot of hype locally around this guy, and he looks like a proper talented cricketer, but took a bit of a tap off his first few. He has a very nice action and has a bit of gas. Like I said, a bit expensive all the time though.

Tarisai Musakanda- Looked at ease today after Diplock went out of the attack and seems a really stable well organized batsman.

Nyasha Mayavo - He suprised me. He played a very good 360 game all around the ground and hammered most of the bowlers. His keeping has been given a rep but I wasn’t too impressed by that today. He won them the game though with the bat.

Anyone with any questions about anyone or anything feel free to ask.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

L.S wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:36 pm
Interesting day today. I’m doing a bit of PR for the Harare Kings so I’ll be at most matches. Got the chance to chat to a few of the players too.

Again, batters tossed it off. Prince Masvaure looked good as well as Jon Campbell but the rest looked to belt it prematurely and paid the price against a decent attack. Kings made 167.

Brad Evans - I like this kid. He has confidence and is bowling quite quickly. He needs a bit more control with his extras but I reckon he’s one to watch. He bowled average today, but always looks dangerous. He has a smooth whippy action and is a pleasure to watch.

Brandon Diplock - This guy bowled well. He was the only one to make Tarisai Musakanda look like an absolute bunny. Should’ve had him for a duck two balls in a row LBW and there was a huge delay after the umpire was getting abuse from all ends of the ground. He dropped his head after another dropped catch off his bowling and that wasn’t too great to see.

Patrick Mambo - A lot of hype locally around this guy, and he looks like a proper talented cricketer, but took a bit of a tap off his first few. He has a very nice action and has a bit of gas. Like I said, a bit expensive all the time though.

Tarisai Musakanda- Looked at ease today after Diplock went out of the attack and seems a really stable well organized batsman.

Nyasha Mayavo - He suprised me. He played a very good 360 game all around the ground and hammered most of the bowlers. His keeping has been given a rep but I wasn’t too impressed by that today. He won them the game though with the bat.

I'm curious on your link to the game?
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

jward

Post by jward »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:24 pm
Evans and Diplock are two blokes to be given a FC shot for sure, although I understand the latter isn’t interested anymore and is looking to head abroad. Serious swing bowler who could have developed into a very good ODI bowler for Zimbabwe.
Evans is the son of former national cricketer Craig Evans.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

L.S wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:36 pm

Once again mate excellent work, I'm sure I speak on behalf of the majority here when I say we really appreciate the insight

I guess a question most here are interested in would be surrounding Brad Evans and his short term future? Is he just home playing some cricket in the English off-season, or can we expect him to play LoganCup cricket and push for national honours?

Where does Diplock rate amongst the current Zim national team seamers? Is he in the same bracket as lets say a Tiripano or Mumba? or the next level down with a Tshuma or Nyauchi?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Re: National Premier League 2020 ( NPL )

Post by jaybro »

Another batting disaster in this match between the Patriots and Easterns

New forum sensation Muchawaya took another 4 wickets, but this display is tempered by the fact Kevin Kasuza of all people took a 5-for :o

After bowling out the Pats for 105, the Easterns then got bundled for 68 :o Kasuza batting at No.5 for some reason as Andre Odendaal got a 5-fpr as well

batting is so bad in the NPL

https://www.crichq.com/matches/856265/2nd_innings
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Evans has finished University and I believe is back in Zimbabwe for for foreseeable.

Diplock’s probably the best swing bowler in Zimbabwe

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:27 am
Evans has finished University and I believe is back in Zimbabwe for for foreseeable.

Diplock’s probably the best swing bowler in Zimbabwe
i dont think Diplock woud be cut out for internationals, BUT he deserves a chance at Logan Cup level to see what he can do. The time the national players are away and the cupboard is bare is frankly no excuse ot to play him.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:43 pm

New forum sensation Muchawaya took another 4 wickets, but this display is tempered by the fact Kevin Kasuza of all people took a 5-for :o

After bowling out the Pats for 105, the Easterns then got bundled for 68 :o Kasuza batting at No.5 for some reason as Andre Odendaal got a 5-fpr as well

#MuchawayaMania

What does Kasuza bowl exactly? Medium pace? That could be a good way to get back in national contention if he can improve that part of his game. I guess he has fully given up keeping.

Looks like he bowled a bit only due to whatever was the reason Macheke had to stop in the middle of his first over. It helps that he was the skipper himself so thought of bowling himself.

But it is puzzling to see him come in at 5 in that inexperienced line up, even behind Sauramba at 4!!!

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:35 am
jaybro wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:43 pm

#MuchawayaMania

What does Kasuza bowl exactly? Medium pace? That could be a good way to get back in national contention if he can improve that part of his game. I guess he has fully given up keeping.

Looks like he bowled a bit only due to whatever was the reason Macheke had to stop in the middle of his first over. It helps that he was the skipper himself so thought of bowling himself.

But it is puzzling to see him come in at 5 in that inexperienced line up, even behind Sauramba at 4!!!
They all get fat after they turn 30.

for a country thats always meant to have food shortages, you wouldnt fucking know it with our unprofessional porkers.
Someone please tighten the sanctions a bit.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.