T20 squad for Pakistan

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Mueddie28

Re: T20 squad for Pakistan

Post by Mueddie28 »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:09 pm
I’m interested to why everyone seems so keen for Elton to open? Is there any actual theory behind it or just a random see how it goes ?
Zimbabwe is stuck with experience players and young unproven players...
While we are trying to get to the WORLD cup the easy way automatic the struggle continues incorporating youngsters...

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:09 pm
I’m interested to why everyone seems so keen for Elton to open? Is there any actual theory behind it or just a random see how it goes ?
I dont rate him or think he should be near the squad, but as long as they are going to keep picking him, then put him to use and make him actually do some work.

It's a bit similar to Ben Cutting for me. Has the power, but when only given about 2 or 3 overs, it's pointless, especially when chasing and he comes in and swings wildly. Put him up top and he has time to get himself in, but also make use of the fielders being inside the circle.

One of our biggest problems is that our guys don't know how to hit big. They don't keep their head still. Feels like whoever is coaching them isn't teaching them much in this regard.

Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Stoneman Returns »

T20 is the only format that will suit Elton and he should be given license to go after the bowling through promotion in batting position.
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

At his age and stage of his career, I can’t see Chigumbura being a success opening in any format. If we truely want an old bloke up too who can slog it we might as well bring back Zhuwao.

Better yet just play Kamunhukamwe who is young and does the same thing
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

jaybro wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:08 am
At his age and stage of his career, I can’t see Chigumbura being a success opening in any format. If we truely want an old bloke up too who can slog it we might as well bring back Zhuwao.

Better yet just play Kamunhukamwe who is young and does the same thing
To be honest I feel like Kamunhukamwe doesn’t have the footwork to deal with that kind of pace. I actually feel like whoever faces them early tomorrow must have already faced them before for us to have a chance

Marshmallow

Post by Marshmallow »

Who is vice captain of zimbabwe right now🤔

tgk

Post by tgk »

Marshmallow wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:43 am
Who is vice captain of zimbabwe right now🤔
Sean Williams right? He's the test captain.