Raza’s bowling action

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Raza’s bowling action

Post by jaybro »

Interested to see what the rest of you think about Sikander Raza’s new bowling action? He’s clearly copied Sunil Narine’s action and is trying to be a ‘mystery spinner’

So far this tour he has done fairly well taking a few wickets and keeping the runs down. So considering he’s a batting all-rounder with bowling his second grade, I’d say he’s done very well to change his style and learn a whole new skill.

Also considering he only really started bowling once he made it to the national team, Raza has done exceedingly well as a bowler. But if I’m honest I think I like his original style as a traditional
Off spinner, and I hope he reverts to this action in test cricket.

Thoughts ?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ZIMDOGGY

Re: Raza’s bowling action

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Looks retarded, he was doing good as it was.
International batsmen can easily tell if it comes out an office or leggie
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Kallum

Post by Kallum »

The whole mystery aspect of it is lacking with Raza kinda making the whole narine action pointless since he lacks any real variation with his off spiner cause a leg spinner with an entirely different action really doesnt count

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

I saw what he was trying to do the other day and this is recipe for disaster. He'll forget his strengths and will end up being a confused bowler. His focus should be towards developing his batting and getting the best out of his decent bowling would be a bonus. Was about to bring up his lack of runs, specially in T20Is, before this match but then the Pakistani commentators got that too today.

Not sure what he is trying to achieve with this change, but it is as bad as the compulsive reverse sweeps of our batsmen before getting set.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Raza has never really played a good t20 innings for Zimbabwe, HHm pointed it out a while back and since then he still hasn’t produced anything.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kopje
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Kopje »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:25 am
Interested to see what the rest of you think about Sikander Raza’s new bowling action? He’s clearly copied Sunil Narine’s action and is trying to be a ‘mystery spinner’

So far this tour he has done fairly well taking a few wickets and keeping the runs down. So considering he’s a batting all-rounder with bowling his second grade, I’d say he’s done very well to change his style and learn a whole new skill.

Also considering he only really started bowling once he made it to the national team, Raza has done exceedingly well as a bowler. But if I’m honest I think I like his original style as a traditional

Thoughts ?
I thought he was awful, would have thought he is high on mbanje for even trying that new bowling action.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

jaybro wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:25 am

Thoughts ?
He hasn't, and i don't like it. He can hardly turn the ball now.

zimbot

Post by zimbot »

Ja, that action looks super weird. He looks like he's trying to hide the ball behind his bum before getting into his delivery stride. I prefer his old bowling action.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Ya i saw him bowl for the first time with that changed action today and it did not look good. I mean he was doing fine, why has he changed it!?

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

His old action was great. He got turn and was pretty accurate. Very handy spinner. There was no reason to change it. Hope he reverts to his old action.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)