State of SA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: State of SA

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

jward wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:23 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:47 am
200% ZC could buy their way to international competitiveness

Buy two openers, a spinner and a fast bowler and we push top 5.

For me I would throw money at ballance, Markram and Welch and that Melton kid
Believe me, ZC has no money to throw! They can't even pay their own employees; they are two months behind with the salaries once again!
Fuckin hell
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

jward wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:23 pm

Believe me, ZC has no money to throw! They can't even pay their own employees; they are two months behind with the salaries once again!

Oh look, ZC are messing up again. Who could have guessed this....*shocked pickachu face*

As for the Ballance issue, if ZC was a proper run ship, I don't see why Ballance is out of the realms of possibility. He definitely isn't featuring for England so why would the opportunity of International cricket and being closer to his family not be appealing.

Markram is probably more a far fetched situation. SA are just shooting themselves in the foot with these quotas and issues. Do the quotas exist in all sports or just ones in which white players tend to be good at? NZ is an attractive opportunity because they have a well functioning government and the lifestyle is quite chilled and laid back. It offers a similar wildlife lifestyle that Africa has without all the dramas of snakes, crocodiles and the fifty million other things trying to kill you in Australia. NZC is well run and has a good structure and everyone loves them. You would not have as big a talent pool to compete with and not have to deal with the dramas that comes from African colonialism, and English right wing lashings.

Googly

Post by Googly »

We're yet to establish whether our $9m per annum has been restored or we are still on $5m.
These delays to the start of the franchise would indicate they're stalling until another tranche is paid to us.
Even 5m is a lot of money to burn in a year that has seen so little cricket.
Even subjugated employees will get jumpy if they don't see salaries by Xmas. Maybe that's their way of getting out of the customary 13th cheque- pay 2 months due in one go by the 20th of Dec. Dec/Jan is a big issue in Zim. People want to be able to travel to their kamusha (traditional home) and then come Jan school fees are required.
I see another loan being negotiated.
Are they behind on all salaries?
Once again the weather forecast is looking like daily rain for the next few weeks! !! We desperately need rain in Harare, loads of it. The water tables and dams are dry and we probably now have close on 4 million people living in a city that was designed for 800000. Much of Harare cannot access the municipal water and those that can, drink it at their peril without boiling and filtering it.
Bulawayo I believe has had plenty of rain.
It would be a minor miracle to get in 4 consecutive days of cricket.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

I would rather the ICC keep funding them like this until they get it right than to give them all the money at once. We have been there before. This is a better battle than the 20 million they have had to clear in debts

I am assuming it should go back to 9 if they did clear their debts but nobody is talking about COVID possibly affecting those payments. Surely the ICC has been affected too

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well then there's serious miscommunication between ICC and ZC if they're not giving us money to start our domestic season.
If we're getting it in dribs and drabs they should be saying- our season should start in September and it will cost x.
Its now mid December and the big rains are upon us.
I'm almost guaranteeing that we're not going to play much cricket, unless a freak wind blows the ITCZ away. Its right here and its going to rain!!
They posted that ICC guy here before to monitor us and he got sent packing, either with some money jingling in his pocket or with the threat of GBH if he stayed another day.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Looks like today's ODI is cancelled due to a covid breach. News says it was hotel staff

Googly

Post by Googly »

TapsC2 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:32 am
I would rather the ICC keep funding them like this until they get it right than to give them all the money at once. We have been there before. This is a better battle than the 20 million they have had to clear in debts

I am assuming it should go back to 9 if they did clear their debts but nobody is talking about COVID possibly affecting those payments. Surely the ICC has been affected too
Taps where do you think they found $20m USD?

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

TapsC2 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:32 am

Isn't that an admission that ZC are unable to govern and manage cricket in Zimbabwe?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Another ODI has been cancelled in SA. Shocking that this has been allowed to happen.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

If staff haven't paid and we aren't playing cricket, what is the money being spent on exactly?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes