[ Match Thread ] Logan Cup Season 2020-21 : | Mountaineers V/s Eagles & Rhinos V/s Tuskers |

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: [ Match Thread ] Logan Cup Season 2020-21 : | Mountaineers V/s Eagles & Rhinos V/s Tuskers |

Post by Googly »

More Rhodesians, per capital, were killed in WW2 than any other nation on the planet, including England!
That's when the Rhodesian African Rifles came into existence. Black folk were also coerced into fighting a war in a far away land that they didn't give a rat's arse about.
The Gurkas were also booted into touch.
The British owe us. Full stop.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: [ Match Thread ] Logan Cup Season 2020-21 : | Mountaineers V/s Eagles & Rhinos V/s Tuskers |

Post by Zimco »

I know all this, it's just British nationality law is so confusing and not consistent at all. I have three British grandparents yet it's bloody hard/expensive for me to get one and I was interrogated and searched last time I was in the UK as they thought I was gonna over stay. :roll:

Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Stoneman Returns »

In comming years USA are going to beat UK in snatching young talented cricketer, which they already started.
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Stoneman Returns »

Musakanda missing from Rhinos Playing XI. Is he injured ?
Last edited by Stoneman Returns on Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

Googly

Post by Googly »

How do you know he's not playing?

Googly

Post by Googly »

I'm suspecting that there were a couple of Covid positive results that came back. Covid is here with a bang. If they had extensive testing, particularly antibody testing you'd find a large percentage of the population have had it, particularly the younger generation, they have been trying to lead normal lives and its almost a guarantee that many have had it and didn't even know.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Zimco wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:23 am
I know all this, it's just British nationality law is so confusing and not consistent at all. I have three British grandparents yet it's bloody hard/expensive for me to get one and I was interrogated and searched last time I was in the UK as they thought I was gonna over stay. :roll:
I’ve never looked into British citizenship, but I know that it’s parent lineage for citizenship, not grandparent. Ireland and Italy offer grandparent descent.

There’s also a path if you’re a student, get married or work sponsorship.

Also Aussies and a lot of non African countries can get the youth visa for 1/2 years.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Side note;
I remember seeing Prosper Utseya claim Irish citizenship in that cricket exchange website a few years back. Doubt that’s true but if it is I’d love to see what he did lol.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

Theyre forever amending citizenship legislation and occasionally there's a new route through a grandparent. The latest was if you have a grandparent that went to a colony on Crown Service, then you're eligible. They go as far as to check the passenger manifest on the ship to make sure.