[ Match Thread ] Logan Cup Season 2020-21 : | Mountaineers V/s Eagles & Rhinos V/s Tuskers |

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC2

Re: [ Match Thread ] Logan Cup Season 2020-21 : | Mountaineers V/s Eagles & Rhinos V/s Tuskers |

Post by TapsC2 »

Googly wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:45 pm
More Rhodesians, per capital, were killed in WW2 than any other nation on the planet, including England!
That's when the Rhodesian African Rifles came into existence. Black folk were also coerced into fighting a war in a far away land that they didn't give a rat's arse about.
The Gurkas were also booted into touch.
The British owe us. Full stop.
My grandfather was in India during WW2 and got absolutely nothing for it. Biggest scam ever lol. A war he had no shares in.

Googly

Re: [ Match Thread ] Logan Cup Season 2020-21 : | Mountaineers V/s Eagles & Rhinos V/s Tuskers |

Post by Googly »

You'll get no charity from the Indians either. :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

Both teams 171 all out on a half decent pitch by all accounts.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Weather closing in and a player feeling sick and going for a covid test. Will the game be called off if he's positive?

Googly

Post by Googly »

Big Big thunderstorm. I'm sure that's it for the day.
Another well planned lemon.

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

TapsC2 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:11 am
Googly wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:45 pm
More Rhodesians, per capital, were killed in WW2 than any other nation on the planet, including England!
That's when the Rhodesian African Rifles came into existence. Black folk were also coerced into fighting a war in a far away land that they didn't give a rat's arse about.
The Gurkas were also booted into touch.
The British owe us. Full stop.
My grandfather was in India during WW2 and got absolutely nothing for it. Biggest scam ever lol. A war he had no shares in.
How they treated most soldiers after the war/service was bad, like my grandfather didn't get any pension after 14 years service. The UK was broke after the war. I guess the thing black people and your grandfather got was Zimbabwe/Africa being under nazi or Japanese or Italian rule. That would have been far worse than British rule, so I guess he was fighting for that.

ZANE is a good charity that helps African and other veterans who fought for the crown. Has anyone see the WW2 memorial tower statue at Harare gardens, it had a tree growing out if the top last time I visited 😂

Googly

Post by Googly »

The crazy part is that a red (now blue) book for a faraway little island is so highly valued. Most people would give their left ball bag for citizenship of the country most despised by the people they ruled over. The irony. :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

And then once they're there they want an enclave that closely resembles the shithole they escaped from :lol:
The world is a messed up place.

Googly

Post by Googly »

When they're there they send money back to their homeland and hanker for the day they can return to a better life, when they're here they'll do anything to leave and get over there.
There's a solution- let the British recolonize us and we can all complain bitterly about it in the comfort of our homes :lol:
Unfortunately the Chinese have beaten the Poms to it, but nobody will want to go to live in China any time soon.

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

No Brendan Deplock, Ryan Buttercock, Candle Light, Kevin Bowie in the squads of logan cup
Robo to rule :oops: