Jesus sending Jayden Goodwin to Zimbabwe

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Jesus sending Jayden Goodwin to Zimbabwe

Post by Googly »

eugene wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:30 pm
Cenk Uygur is always the dumbest guy on the show, regardless of who the other guests are.
He's the Young Turks guy isnt he?
Disgusting piece of $#$.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Googly wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:04 am
eugene wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:30 pm
Cenk Uygur is always the dumbest guy on the show, regardless of who the other guests are.
He's the Young Turks guy isnt he?
Disgusting piece of $#$.
Yeah, he is a sexual predator also. Gets a free pass though because he is a leftist shill.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

John Oliver is pretty great. I think he ranks ahead of Colbert and Trevor Noah, but behind John Stewart.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:18 am
John Oliver is pretty great. I think he ranks ahead of Colbert and Trevor Noah, but behind John Stewart.
They are all pretty much the same.

Just Trump and Republican jokes and the odd crude sneer at anything conservative.

Norm MacDonald said it best that they all follow a lazy script. I remember one of them reportedly actually got in trouble by their network for not talking about Trump enough. I kid you not.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

I’m a big Chapelle fan because he sees the world for what it is. He can get into the mindset of many demographics.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:30 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:

Just Trump and Republican jokes and the odd crude sneer at anything conservative.

Norm MacDonald said it best that they all follow a lazy script. I remember one of them reportedly actually got in trouble by their network for not talking about Trump enough. I kid you not.
Chappelle's Show from the early 2000s was sensational. A lot of the creative genius behind that was by a guy named Neal Brennan as well.

Recently, I haven't really found much appeal in Chappelle's Netflix specials - although that was actually the reason I signed up for Netflix to begin with. But Chappelle is fairly far removed from the political right or even the center. His stance on Black Lives Matter and systemic racism in particular would put him with most of the other mainstream comics of present times.

In fact Chappelle did a whole 30 minute special about the George Floyd murder. The difference is that Chappelle always has these awesome, esoteric anecdotes and stories that he weaves into whatever current event he's talking about.

To be fair, he's also poked fun at African Americans but he didn't do it out of self-loathing or from a position of white supremacy.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:01 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:30 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:

Chappelle's Show from the early 2000s was sensational. A lot of the creative genius behind that was by a guy named Neal Brennan as well.

Recently, I haven't really found much appeal in Chappelle's Netflix specials - although that was actually the reason I signed up for Netflix to begin with. But Chappelle is fairly far removed from the political right or even the center. His stance on Black Lives Matter and systemic racism in particular would put him with most of the other mainstream comics of present times.

In fact Chappelle did a whole 30 minute special about the George Floyd murder. The difference is that Chappelle always has these awesome, esoteric anecdotes and stories that he weaves into whatever current event he's talking about.

To be fair, he's also poked fun at African Americans but he didn't do it out of self-loathing or from a position of white supremacy.
That’s my point really. I think I differ from him politically but I recognise in him that he is not like the other one dimensional comics. He is pro black but he 100% knows the deficiencies and ignorance of the black community. He tries to reason with life on all sides.
Remember the Chappell show would have black artists playing some rap and black comedians but then he would have those skits with what the black community would do if they were given reparations and big money overnight. Which basically involved making the KFC and Fubu (clothes) companies rich and piss their money on dumb stuff and i just pissed myself laughing because he knows it’s true and says it. Trevor Noah would act like they would build Mensa universities.
Btw- how quick has Trevor Noah forgotten about the African plight (white or black) now he’s a famous American comedian night that host. Disgusting no matter who you are.
I just hate this hyper partisanship of the world. Just call a spade a spade. Life was better socially in the 80s.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:19 pm
That’s my point really. I think I differ from him politically but I recognise in him that he is not like the other one dimensional comics. He is pro black but he 100% knows the deficiencies and ignorance of the black community. He tries to reason with life on all sides.
Remember the Chappell show would have black artists playing some rap and black comedians but then he would have those skits with what the black community would do if they were given reparations and big money overnight. Which basically involved making the KFC and Fubu (clothes) companies rich and piss their money on dumb stuff and i just pissed myself laughing because he knows it’s true and says it. Trevor Noah would act like they would build Mensa universities.
Btw- how quick has Trevor Noah forgotten about the African plight (white or black) now he’s a famous American comedian night that host. Disgusting no matter who you are.
I just hate this hyper partisanship of the world. Just call a spade a spade. Life was better socially in the 80s.
Every community has its deficiencies. There are plenty of comics like that on the left though. Chris Rock is actually my favorite. A genius on politics and the African American culture.

The hyper-partisanship is just a product of modern times. Its the natural evolution of our species. Actually things were always like that. Its not like the Middle Ages, or the Crusades, or the European Wars of Religion, or the Inquisition, or World War 2, or the Cold War were non-partisan or a friendly game of tape tennis cricket. And thats just the stuff that happened in the Western world.

Fareed Zakaria actually made a very astute point about why politics is so polarized these days. Its because most issues concern the immutable aspects of people's identities. One's sexual orientation, one's gender, one's religion, one's skin color. In each of these cases neither side has any ground they can concede or negotiate on. One side would have to give up their orientation or their skin color while the other side would have to give up the ideas of men who lived centuries ago. No possible middle ground.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

With Trump on his way out people like Trevor Noah and Stephen Colbert are in big trouble. Both were struggling ratings-wise before Trump as they seemingly had trouble coming up with good material.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

eugene wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:38 am
With Trump on his way out people like Trevor Noah and Stephen Colbert are in big trouble. Both were struggling ratings-wise before Trump as they seemingly had trouble coming up with good material.
Trump will most likely announce his 2024 campaign on Jan 20 or shortly thereafter. And given how popular he is within the party he will EASILY scoop up the nomination. Nikki Haley will have to wait till 2028 to lose the GOP nomination to an old white guy or possibly Ivanka.

If all that doesn't happen, he still has Parler on which to parl into the wee hours of morning.