2021 Zimbabwe Test team Watch

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: 2021 Zimbabwe Test team Watch

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Im talking just the fast bolwers. NZ apart from Jamieson aren’t all that tall. And Blessing is probably taller than Jamieson.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:31 pm
Im talking just the fast bolwers. NZ apart from Jamieson aren’t all that tall. And Blessing is probably taller than Jamieson.
Blessing is taller than just about anyone. NZ's main bowlers are all 6ft and over. That is pretty tall considering.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Very harsh on Mumba, we've sat here and cheered on Tiripano with a bowling average in the 60s FFS yet apparently Mumba is 'done'

Mumba is worth preserving with, everyone is creaming their jeans over Evans, I'll bet only Sloan and maybe one other person here has ever seen him bowl.

Jarvis is retiring, Chatara looks done in Tests and maybe even limited overs stuff too, that leaves us with Blessing & Ngarava as the spearheads, with Nyauchi, Tiripano & Thsuma next inline if we're putting Mumba on the scrap heap.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Wes will play in the next Test, and so he should, so the big question is how do they fit him in the side?

I'd rather they not make him open, so that means either Ervine and BT move up one spot each, or they go without a front line spinner and rely on Raza, Wes & Williams for spin.

I'd be happy to drop Regis, he hasn't scored a run in ages and he isn't squeaky clean behind the stumps, unless of course they get Regis to open and keep like he did against Sri Lanka. It might not be the greatest situation for him, but if he gets Wes in the side I'd be happy to give it a go.

Kasuza
Regis wk
Ervine
BT
Williams
Wes
Raza
Chisoro
Mumba
Blessing
Ngarava

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:16 am
Very harsh on Mumba, we've sat here and cheered on Tiripano with a bowling average in the 60s FFS yet apparently Mumba is 'done'

Mumba is worth preserving with, everyone is creaming their jeans over Evans, I'll bet only Sloan and maybe one other person here has ever seen him bowl.

Jarvis is retiring, Chatara looks done in Tests and maybe even limited overs stuff too, that leaves us with Blessing & Ngarava as the spearheads, with Nyauchi, Tiripano & Thsuma next inline if we're putting Mumba on the scrap heap.
Is it confirmed that KJ is retiring? Thats sad. I'd have loved to see him for another 3-4 years espeically in red ball cricket. He should just retire from white ball cricket.

Also harsh to say Chatara looks done as he hasn't played a Test in a long time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:51 am
jaybro wrote:

Is it confirmed that KJ is retiring? Thats sad. I'd have loved to see him for another 3-4 years espeically in red ball cricket. He should just retire from white ball cricket.

Also harsh to say Chatara looks done as he hasn't played a Test in a long time.
He can’t stay fit and looked out of shape in Pakistan, there ain’t no bigger fan of Larry Chatara than me mate, I wouldn’t be righting him off completely but at his age and with his injury record I cant see him being able to play tests

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Yeah, I think it is pretty scary, the Chatara situation. He looked in very bad shape with his bowling arm in the Pak match.

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

It still surprises me that Mpofu is the fastest guy we have right now. Only guy I see consistently bowling over 135kph when he is in the team. I’m hoping the SA import is faster

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

jaybro wrote:
Ii would bet my left nut that if Tiripano batted at Mumba level and was still getting selected in the test team, people will be vicious in calling for his head.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Yeah, the Don is very much supported for his batting skills.