Rocks vs Tuskers & Eagles vs Rhinos

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!

Marshmallow

Re: Rocks vs Tuskers & Eagles vs Rhinos

Post by Marshmallow »

Raza wearing tuskers jersey :lol: :lol:
Attachments
Screenshot_2020-12-15-15-01-12-33_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg
Screenshot_2020-12-15-15-01-12-33_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg (431.01 KiB) Viewed 2932 times

ljriley90

Post by ljriley90 »

Brian Chari has got to be really far down in the test team thinking now behind kasuza and masvaure

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Snater having a really good game. I know he just signed a 1 year extension at Essex but I hope the try convince him. He would be a good replacement for Jarvis

ljriley90

Post by ljriley90 »

TapsC2 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:45 am
Snater having a really good game. I know he just signed a 1 year extension at Essex but I hope the try convince him. He would be a good replacement for Jarvis
How quick would you want him playing solely in and for Zim?

As I understand he's still part of the Netherlands set up and just playing for Rocks as an overseas player. Obviously someone needs to replace Jarvis but if he's getting in some ICC World League 2 List A and FC stuff in alongside some opportunities for Essex where he is training in a professional set up day during the summer then he's going to improve way more than just playing back in Zim.

Netherlands are on the up but there's no Test cricket on offer. It's just how long does his professional contracts in UK keep him there before seeking out Zim test spot? Selectors should be lining him up for sure right now whilst he is here

Googly

Post by Googly »

Snater is guaranteed at least a fifer here. We're already shouting for him but when he gets the odd game for Netherlands he's first change.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

So, Oskar Kolk seems to be in an XI after all. Folks here reacted to some rumor that Hamilton had vetoed his involvement in any Franchise and called him a dictator and stuff..

We also have been critical of the board for not having clarity all along about the domestic games. While it was very much condemnable in the previous years, I believe we can cut some slack this year due to the COVID situation. Even BCCI is yet to finalize on the Ranji Trophy this year! And it may not even happen! Why can't ZC be spared for the time being? Especially given that we have the news of money inflow has been cut by the ICC to 5 million...

To their credit, ZC did launch and organize NPL and ran the women's' tournaments with decent planning and some good amount of news trickling out through their Twitter handle this year, compared to no news at all in the earlier years.

tej_27

Post by tej_27 »

Shane snater have a much tougher competition in Netherlands than in zim ..Netherlands have pace quartet of Paul van meekeren Brandon Glover Friedrich klassen and Tim van der gugten ..and even after this he has tough competition with vivan Kingma ..while in zim he can straight come in for Jarvis ..chatara remains injured ngarava is unpolished and Mumba has become toothless

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

Yes our pace attack needs a revamp which is why I think it would be easy for Snater to get in the team. I’m still trying to understand what the rules are exactly. He doesn’t get much game time for Essex so I don’t see why it would hurt for him to fly in for tours like Mire did before the qualifiers.

Legally speaking I think if Ben Curran, Nick Welch and Snater have Zim passports or residency then they should be able to do both just like how all the Irish and Dutch players play county and for their country

The Zim football team is getting a lot of UK imports coming to play now since dual citizenship is now allowed. Some of them have never even set foot in Zim. I don’t see why cricket would be any different. Im sure Ervine and PJ have Irish documents too. This is how we guarantee our survival after BT and co retire

TapsC2

Post by TapsC2 »

ljriley90 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:43 pm
TapsC2 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:45 am
How quick would you want him playing solely in and for Zim?

As I understand he's still part of the Netherlands set up and just playing for Rocks as an overseas player. Obviously someone needs to replace Jarvis but if he's getting in some ICC World League 2 List A and FC stuff in alongside some opportunities for Essex where he is training in a professional set up day during the summer then he's going to improve way more than just playing back in Zim.

Netherlands are on the up but there's no Test cricket on offer. It's just how long does his professional contracts in UK keep him there before seeking out Zim test spot? Selectors should be lining him up for sure right now whilst he is here
He extended his Essex contract by a year I think. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/54989296

I guess since the Dutch are in the Super League he might not see the point but one has to wonder what he will do if Essex don’t renew next year. He has played like 3 first class games and 16 list A games. Only 2 ODIs. Zim is not the worst option if they give you a central contract