Rocks vs Tuskers & Eagles vs Rhinos

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC2

Re: Rocks vs Tuskers & Eagles vs Rhinos

Post by TapsC2 »

Shumba seems to be ok in this format. Interesting. I wonder where he would play in the test team if given the opportunity. I can only see him at number 8 . What I like about this is that it puts pressure on Burl and Musakanda to perform. You can’t be top prospects forever. You have to step up

The rocks bowling lineup is going to dominate this season

Googly

Post by Googly »

Yep they look strong. I can see the headlines-
Southern Rocks make an extraordinary comeback :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

There's a chance a couple of the players have never been to Masvingo and never will. :lol:

Donald

Post by Donald »

Shumba top scorin again I see. Though 43 is not phenomenal he did it agaijt a good pace attack and seemed to take most of his runs off blessing our best zim bowler which is a good sign

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Why are all the players either in old kit or mismatching kit? PJ is in EGA stuff, some players are in Ihsan shit, others are in plan whites and some are cream tops and bright white pants. What’s going on?

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:31 pm
Why are all the players either in old kit or mismatching kit? PJ is in EGA stuff, some players are in Ihsan shit, others are in plan whites and some are cream tops and bright white pants. What’s going on?
Drives me mad, no standards. In professional sport it is these little things that matter.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Jongwe has scored a half century in 7 out of his last 8 games that he has batted. Very consistent by Zim standards.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:48 pm
So, Oskar Kolk seems to be in an XI after all. Folks here reacted to some rumor that Hamilton had vetoed his involvement in any Franchise and called him a dictator and stuff..

We also have been critical of the board for not having clarity all along about the domestic games. While it was very much condemnable in the previous years, I believe we can cut some slack this year due to the COVID situation. Even BCCI is yet to finalize on the Ranji Trophy this year! And it may not even happen! Why can't ZC be spared for the time being? Especially given that we have the news of money inflow has been cut by the ICC to 5 million...

To their credit, ZC did launch and organize NPL and ran the women's' tournaments with decent planning and some good amount of news trickling out through their Twitter handle this year, compared to no news at all in the earlier years.
It could have been fake news, but I also wonder at times if we on the forum influenced a recall.
I strongly suspect this place is eyeballed frequently by ZC and reporters and maybe even the players.
I’m certain to some degree this forum holds more influence than most themed forums do.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

jward

Post by jward »

Donald wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:54 pm
Shumba top scorin again I see. Though 43 is not phenomenal he did it agaijt a good pace attack and seemed to take most of his runs off blessing our best zim bowler which is a good sign
Yes, he played some very classy strokes, especially drives - I found him certainly the most interesting batsman to watch today. His shot selection is not always good, but obviously that should come with more experience.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Anyone else impress you today John