Rocks vs Tuskers & Eagles vs Rhinos

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: Rocks vs Tuskers & Eagles vs Rhinos

Post by Jemisi »

TapsC2 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:11 pm
Shumba seems to be ok in this format. Interesting. I wonder where he would play in the test team if given the opportunity. I can only see him at number 8 . What I like about this is that it puts pressure on Burl and Musakanda to perform. You can’t be top prospects forever. You have to step up

The rocks bowling lineup is going to dominate this season
This might just be the strongest Rocks lineup ever.

Kallum

Post by Kallum »

I think what this innings has already demonstrated is the gulf in class between those who venture off to greener fields in county cricket and those who decide to stay for the most part, by the looks of it Muzarabani and Snater, who didnt exactly tear the county championship apart, are all over one of the stronger batting lineups in the LC

ljriley90

Post by ljriley90 »

Kallum wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:25 am
I think what this innings has already demonstrated is the gulf in class between those who venture off to greener fields in county cricket and those who decide to stay for the most part, by the looks of it Muzarabani and Snater, who didnt exactly tear the county championship apart, are all over one of the stronger batting lineups in the LC
Is it maybe Snater and Muzarabani are jjust too quick for the batting? Between the pair 7 of the dismissals were bowled, lbw or caught behind!

Googly

Post by Googly »

Neither are that quick. Slippery but not outright fast.
Two good bowlers in tandem probably helped both of them.
I don't know what the pitch is doing though, I'm sure it's trickier than last week. We've had endless rain, if the groundsmen delayed briefly at any stage the deck will slowly accumulate moisture.
I don't remember this many overcast cool days in a row, its very strange weather, although we've had quite a bit if rain its been a lot less than forecast.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Snater's deliveries really tend to skid on, Blessing gets steep bounce as we know. That's a big adjustment every over.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Googly wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:36 am
Snater's deliveries really tend to skid on, Blessing gets steep bounce as we know. That's a big adjustment every over.
yeah this is the answer. also that they had the new ball. you either get wickets or get caned with the new rock
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

It also helps if the opposition has five genuine tailenders with Ndlovu at 7 :roll:

Kallum

Post by Kallum »

Googly wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:36 am
While this explains why it would trouble poor batsmen, the very fact that neither of them could hold a place let alone get regular game time for their counties, simply shows the gulf in class in cricket between international players in zim and County cricket second XI players which isnt exactly positive news for zim at present.

I think one benefit is that they will get the experience of facing decent enough bowling from these two which might force a few to slightly improve, though without regularly facing good bowling I doubt will do too much in all honesty

Googly

Post by Googly »

To be fair I think Snater has not had the game time he deserves, he's bloody good, and he's hungry with a point to prove. He used to be a pretty good batsman as well, but has let that slide a bit.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

I know I’ve banged on about it but this kit thing has pissed me off. Snater is literally bowling in a Zimbabwe test shirt...
Raza has Tuskers pants and an old Rocks top on. So unprofessional it hurts my eyes