Rocks vs Tuskers & Eagles vs Rhinos

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jward
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Rocks vs Tuskers & Eagles vs Rhinos

Post by jward »

Jemisi wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:54 pm
TapsC2 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:11 pm
Shumba seems to be ok in this format. Interesting. I wonder where he would play in the test team if given the opportunity. I can only see him at number 8 . What I like about this is that it puts pressure on Burl and Musakanda to perform. You can’t be top prospects forever. You have to step up

The rocks bowling lineup is going to dominate this season
This might just be the strongest Rocks lineup ever.
Definitely, I say!

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:19 pm
I know I’ve banged on about it but this kit thing has pissed me off. Snater is literally bowling in a Zimbabwe test shirt...
Raza has Tuskers pants and an old Rocks top on. So unprofessional it hurts my eyes
At least we're getting some photos

That's an improvement
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

saifulsohel05

Post by saifulsohel05 »

Any prospect of Snater playing for Zimbabwe in future? Netherlands is associate country. So he is eligible to play for Zim anytime.

Kallum

Post by Kallum »

Why would he though, certainly gets more money than what he would in the domestic setup in zim currently, only possible way to tempt him for zim would be to pull a Kyle Jarvis kinda deal.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Kallum wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:40 am
Why would he though, certainly gets more money than what he would in the domestic setup in zim currently, only possible way to tempt him for zim would be to pull a Kyle Jarvis kinda deal.
Some perspective, as he is a nobody really in the cricket world beyond Zim and Holland. Jarvis was a successful county player and a value add for tests in comparison.

If he’s worth it, just see what he’s getting at Essex second 11 and match it.

If playing at home as a big fish in a small pond, test cricket, with his family onlooking isn’t a major drawcard then so be it.

The Jarvis kinda deal should be reserved for Byrom, Ballance and maybe Welch. Perhaps that Melton bowler.

I would love him here though. Our depth isn’t great at all.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Looks like Kaitano is having a very strong season, NPL and now Logan cup...

Endorsed him as early as 2017 :D: viewtopic.php?p=102862#p102862

And probably pointed him out as the one to watch a year too early in 2019: viewtopic.php?p=142043#p142043

#KaitanoMania

How about a test opening pair of Kasuza and Kaitano?

Zimco
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Zimco »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:08 pm
Kallum wrote:
Some perspective, as he is a nobody really in the cricket world beyond Zim and Holland. Jarvis was a successful county player and a value add for tests in comparison.

If playing at home as a big fish in a small pond, test cricket, with his family onlooking isn’t a major drawcard then so be it.

The Jarvis kinda deal should be reserved for Byrom, Ballance and maybe Welch. Perhaps that Melton bowler.

How would he be playing for Essex 2s on a Dutch passport? I thought the Europeans can't play in the UK anymore?

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Zimco wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:32 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:08 pm
Kallum wrote:

How would he be playing for Essex 2s on a Dutch passport? I thought the Europeans can't play in the UK anymore?
It’s a good question. He may have somehow gained residency, and the Dutch passport he had already.
Or perhaps the Brexit is in fact funnelling him out of England at seasons end.
It’s possible he will remain in Essex 2’s. They seem to not care about overseas quotas in seconds.
In which case he should definitely commit to Zim. How’s the time for a fast bowler. Looks like Jarvis and Chatara are fading fast.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Kallum

Post by Kallum »

Snater could be on for a 10 wicket haul this match at this rate, certainly help out the old FC average

rusty17

Post by rusty17 »

You wouldn't see many Logan Cup cards like the Rocks first dig, with all players making double figures.